Kickstand removal Columbia Firebolt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Checking to see if anyone knows the trick in removing the internal kickstand on Columbia Firebolt. Having issues posting pictures at the moment so hopefully I can explain what stage i'm currently at. Have been able to remove the protective cap, and old snap ring. After looking online I read at this point you should be able to drive the kickstand out at this point. "if i understand anyway" have not been able to get much movement so far. Any suggestions or points to more information would be great. I will try and post some pictures when I can.

Thanks in advance

Yes I did follow that everything seemed to go as planned, it is just not coming out as described. Thanks for the lead but will have to continue to see what the problem is.

Thanks again

Built-in Kickstand 1948-June 1956.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the diagram, the one I have doesn't appear to have the pin, or maybe I'm missing it. Cannot send pictures from work will try later. Mine looks just like this just no pin.

Got the kickstand out, as I said mine had no pin just had to slightly bend tabs on outer ring of round frame mount to allow kickstand to slide right out.
Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Back