karfer vs. sensor: a.k.a the beer build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sensor how about aug 28th at the rodeo for the due date? i have some more things coming up that are going to take some of my build time away. i say this way we can get them nose to nose.

an 8 month build huh? if thats what you want thats fine...
although this one wont be going to the round up(way to big for my car aside from the fact that 800+ miles per week to get to work and home have soured me on any long distance trips).....i cant say what ill be doing next weekend let alone half a year from now :lol:
so finish date/time is 12am 8/28/2010 correct?

event_red-square_2-1.jpg

yea i think that would be cool and come on i am sure someone with a truck can help you out with getting it there. how cool would that be to have them nose to nose? if you want a different date then just say it. oh and sensor i swear i saw you at autorama with your boy then i turned around again and you were gone whats up?

Picture012.jpg

well getting my bottom tube done i have to run it through the bender a few more times. oh don't mind the mess those of you who know me know this is typical

greg66 said:
GET RID OF THAT PHONE BOOK.THOSE ARE FOR OLD PEOPLE :lol: .
nuh uh!! those are to pallet you brush :p
well since youre posting new stuff(looks good btw!) i guess ill toss in an older one....
myframe03.jpg

as for autorama yeah you did see us...then the kid saw green flake and wanted to go look at cars in the suede room so we did that and bailed(my stomach was threatening rebellion thats why we just disappeared)...saw you had your boy as well
as for the finish date its fine just call me a week before its over so i dont forget though :lol:

thanks sensor for confirming this i thought i was going crazy it seemed no one else really saw you. and yea i will let you know i am pushing to get it rideable by the june 13th show that the behind the bars boys put on. then rip it apart for paint. been dealing with my falcon wagon this weekend so not much to report i am going to go out later tonight to work on it and try to get the lower tube where i want it. i sorta made life hard on myself by doing a frame with very few straight lines lol.

almost got the lower tube where i want it, just need to run it through the bender a few more times and i think it will be money.
Picture014.jpg

then there is the flask. i found it at a shop my friend works for. i could not help myself and tossed some lines on it.
Picture011.jpg

Looks good! Better cap that sharpie before it dries out! :lol: I've killed alot of sharpies that way.

naw its one of them double-tipped sharpies, its got a fine tip AND the fat tip. hes got it cuz hes a spoiled rich boy. :p the flask is sweet btw. :D

okay....well ill officially say id like to change the finish date
but its going the other way....i say the final day is the first day of autorama next year(i think itd be 2/20/11)...
thatll give you plenty of engineering time and me plenty of new idea/trial build time since a few things are going to get changed and some new ideas tossed in as well.besides then i might actually put a bike in :lol: (or if nothing else i wont forget when the kill date is :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and they could be seen by john q publik
sound good?

ahhhh i get it so thats how we could do the voting? bill it as a true build off and let the masses vote for their fave? i dig that i am still going to try and get it rideable by june 13th for the behind the bars show. then rip it all apart for paint and detail. i like it lets go for it i spent some more time bending the lower tube it is a tighter radius than the other bends so it is being a pain of course.

well...only reason i picked that date/place is so ill know when to be done by
my idea was to have only people who had COMPLETED BIKES IN R.R.B.B.O #1,2,3,4 have a vote(since they all helped bring the site to what its become today) thats what im going to base the trophy/12er prize off.
however if you want to have a johhny q. vote at autorama thats fine since i dont really care what they think(if whoevers in charge of the show there wants to deal with that can o' worms they can but im not making a trophy for that and wouldnt ask you to either.)since most wouldnt have a clue as to what they were looking at or what went into building them anyhow....
just figured at least then they could be seen at the same time...
as for bends...thats the fun part and mines gone through a bit of a change and looks more like a vargas girl now :shock:

thats cool too works for me. and well all i gotta say is lets see it and no fuzzy swoopy movies like last time that cracked me up. i am still working on that darn bottom tube once that is done i will start work on the rear end and you will be able to see where i am going with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back