karfer vs. sensor: a.k.a the beer build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
larry-platt.jpg

i dig it sensor i have nothing new to show with our new upstairs neighbor moving in and me now having to re-organize the garage i am behind the 8 ball. nice work and i see this time you left your pants out of the shot :lol:

no rest for the wicked tonight(man tomorrows gonna suck but im finally getting stuff done)....
pics to come later :mrgreen:
anything you want to add marion?
thepatsy-1.jpg

ahhhhhhh.....words to live by miss davies!

well.....fronts tacked and straight now i just need to get the plasma cutter fired up and cut some dropouts out.......
tackymockdropouts004.jpg

and heres a slight hint of whats going on(i dont know if i can do the springer i thought up for this since i laid it out really low and the front ends gonna be slammed......if it doesnt go on this one itll go on an old build i did *hint....its going to be close to a springer that most complaint about*)
tackymockdropouts003.jpg

maybe i can get the rear tacked if i dont fall asleep :lol:

lol sensor it is funny how similar our builds are i think we both wanted our bikes in the weeds and they will be. i am in the same boat with the front end of my bike but i got a plan. got pics to post but that will have to wait till tomorrow.

lookin good sensor! i wanna see what you guys' rear triangles(and everything else) are going to look like though. :roll:

Sensor! Those are some nice looking radiy's :? radiussesses :( rudios :x .... Smooth curves! :D :D :D Looks great so far!

stretch said:
i wanna see what you guys' rear triangles(and everything else) are going to look like though. :roll:
follow the tape on my garage floor (you can also see some of the tubing thats for the rear in some pics as well)......as for karfers i always see a leaf spring next to his frame and theres an eyelet welded to the seat tube so im guessing his is gonna be a soft tail :wink:

finally got my chainstays perfect(yeah they line up and are bent exactly the same which isnt easy since ive bent everything by hand :wink: )
chainstays001.jpg

here what happens to the ones that were a few mm off from each other....
anyone need a set of handlebars? $10 +shipping
chainstays002.jpg

its ALMOST a roller :lol:

I just happen to be looking for a pair of handlebars. All 14 pairs of mine in the parts pile aren't what I need. I'll take em. Will I need a shim to make them fit a standard stem?

good call sensor u got me. here are a few parts pics that i was talking about and the rear wheel is basicly done other than i have to grind the spokes down a bit i forgot to account that with this wheel set up the spokes will be a few mm shorter oops.

seaotter008.jpg

seaotter009.jpg

front wheel ted gave me a good tip keep one wheel together then weld the other rim on wish i had thought of that with the rear wheel oh well
seaotter010.jpg

finally the tires i will be running yep 3g 24X3 although on the side wall they say 3.45 :?

more to come soon i promise

heres where i left it last night.....
makingitsolid.jpg

and that is what my rear triangle will look like stretch(minus the dropouts)
itll be a roller by this weekend :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
guess its time to get back to the
weld2.gif
drink.gif
weld2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back