karfer vs. sensor: a.k.a the beer build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i fly a freaky flag :mrgreen:
stole them from freakbike.com (hope chainsaw doesnt come hunting me down for it....although until hes fully recovered i think i can take him....or at least out run him :lol: )

rearend004.jpg

rearend005.jpg

drop outs and b.b. tomorrow and then its test ride time :mrgreen:

lookin good! what about a seat? :wink:

got the front end on this one turned out to be similar to the higgins needing 1 1/8 to 1 adapter cups. this front end will get changed down the road but at least it sorta looks like something.
seaotter016.jpg

a friend gave me this model A ford front spring and shackles. i will be using the main leaf that is snaped in half which is perfect for my bike. plus the shackles are very cool.
seaotter012.jpg

seaotter013.jpg

seaotter014.jpg

got the front wheel welded up now i have to move the spokes over
seaotter011.jpg

got some more done today doing some mock up now that the front end is sorta in place.
030-2.jpg

the rear will end up longer than this i just was messing around
025-1.jpg

036.jpg

got the bottom bracket located and locked in
032-1.jpg

and the crank is in for now. took the front end back off for welding as i went with the chrome front end.

the only thing better than the great ideas and inspiration i get from you two, is that i can catch up with you'all at a local event and see it in person 8)
i'm in my garage all night trying to be an "online rrb apprentice" :lol:

great builds!!!

what do you mean 'apprentice' i think youre selling yourself short with that comment(dont forget ive seen your work in person :mrgreen: )
sorry.....havent had much time to work on this lately (life has been really fun the past week or so)....but ill have some new pics after i finish a fender im doing to get some much needed parts

i am sorta in the same boat i have rethought the rear end on my bike and am out of cash currently to get parts. gotta wait till next week :(

what's going on? did you guys take a break or what?

i have an announcement i am just not having fun doing this bike i have no drive. i will get it done and i guess i do have a lot of time which is fine i am just not into it. i love the bike and how it is going but just not having fun with it so i am announcing that i am pulling out of this build off i owe u beer sensor. i will still post stuff here in this post about when i update it i just dont want to go through with the competition part.

awww dont worry it will get done and at least mine will be entered into bike o rama next year and i think sensor was entering his there too i just dont want to do this comp. guess i owe ya some beer buddy

sorry to hear youre having NO FUN with this one....
ill leave it open until the kill date just in case though(btw....youve got a 95% chance of winning since mine is a really basic build...besides you dont know what i have planned for your trophy yet! i guess ill let that cat out of the bag now....miniature version of your bike :mrgreen: i wouldve started it already had i known what the rear would look like)

i know once you get about 90% done and just have little stuff left it starts getting tedious...

when i get burnt i just walk away for a week or 2 and come back fresh.....(f.w.i.w.) youve still got 9 months left :shock:
anyhow either way ill keep it open until the kill date(hope to see ya have fun with it since thats what this was supposed to be about :mrgreen: )
hope to see you at the end!!

i am i just feel bad that it is not coming together as fast as i want time has just not been easy to come by. been chasing down a heating issue in the wagon which has taken up a lot of my time. if you want to keep going i will but lets change something. see i also have a side bet with marcel who built the full custom winning bike at bike o rama last year that i would beat him this year. well it is going to take better paint than rattle can to beat him so i would need to have someone spray my bike. there is also one weld that i dont feel comfortable doing i dont trust myself on quite honestly and it would suck to have it snap at the rear pivot. he actually challenged me first and u know how that goes. so i will toss that ball in your court since you can spray pro paint. if you are cool with that then we shall continue hows that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back