karfer vs. sensor: a.k.a the beer build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
2 time winner karfer(rrbbo#2 and #4) and one hit wonder sensor(rrkbbo) will be going head to head on this one!!!!! pray that their bikes dont break :lol:

well post the rules after we get back and forth a few times.....karfers agreed to mine but i want to make sure he doesnt have any he wants added or changed since my kids been on the computer all night

i am glad to do this one we have a lot of respect for one another as builders and are very well matched so this should be good. here are the rules as i understand it
1. ground up design meaning design q's can be taken from other designs but it must be a totally unique design in the end and not based on a single frame. (meaning not a schwinn front end to the seat post then added on rear.)
2. all work done to the bikes has to be done totally on our own no outside help with anything
3. he is going to figure out the voting but it will be special ask him lol
4. the bikes have to be rideable and functional (like that is a question with us)
5. no deadline set yet but they will probably be shown at one of the second sat rides comming up
6. no pro paint rattle can only pinstriping ok (we both have these skills)
7. winner gets a trophy built by the looser, and some sort of prize of beer (his idea and gave me one for a name lol)
..rules not set in stone yet and the official start of this will be after autorama but we can get started as soon as we want...

sounds about right to me...my voting rule is i dont want f.n.g.'s in on the voting..i want people who have been here(on rrb) and have actually contributed something to our knowledge in bike building and or this site.
sorry but anyone(aka john q. public) get votes in every other build off just not this one

This should be a nice even match up and fun to watch. Karfer gonna make beer flow from the carbs and Sensor gonna make a beer tank :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Going to be fun to watch...........I heard a rumor that we can only vote for two bikes, not three.

I'll drink to this Build Off! Would be cool if both bikes have to have a bottle opener! You two going head to head is definitely a thread worth watching!

got some work done today :shock:
framescrap003.jpg

thats whats left over as well as a piece that i havent used yet
soon itll be time to put these 2 things to use(you all know what a cut off wheel,chop saw,files,and a tubing roller look like so i wont post pics of those)...
framescrap002.jpg

and itll look nothing like this....possibly :wink:

i got started too chopping up stuff i will post pics later today found my bb shell, headtube and a lil something else :D

Picture001.jpg

first victim to harvest parts from

Picture002.jpg

after the carrnage

Picture003.jpg

the guts and the start to A/A ALTERED

gfjdnesgfwaeng.jpg

spent some time preping the parts now they look presentable. oh and my batteries must have died when i took pics of the mystery part cause they were not on the memory card sorry u guys will have to wait.

mmmmmmmmmmmm beer!
drink.gif

i still have to go to the steel shop tomorrow and get some tubing for my head tube and b.b.
well enough pounding the keyboard its time to get back to the grind!
weld2.gif

and youre forgetting i have the same camera and you know when the batteries are dead.....tease :p

looking forward to seeing this :mrgreen:

karfer, I like where this bike is going. Looking GOOD (hi cup).

dude i am telling you i snapped the pic of "secret part" it loaded then when i downloaded them it was not there!! come on would i do that to you? i was pissed because it would give you a hint as to the direction i am going with my bike. and kota come on i ain't done nothing yet i just could not stand leaving the parts looking like well u know. did some more parts digging and turned up my headlight, almost the tail light, and a few other parts. but before i can get going on the frame i have to get the rear wheel done (HINT)!!

A BIG FAT rear wheel?

just giving you carp since i know you like to draw out a tease in most of these :wink:
as for the wheel...bighit youve got remember its karfer! im guessing 820x16 piecrust slick on a magnesium wheel or maybe one off a harley...BLAP! BLAP!!!!
did i get the cookie yet :?:

no sensor sorry to be a downer like that. i wish though, anyone got an old american racing mag laying around? but seriously all i gonna say is it will be a bit wider than a stock deal. draged my bender out and the jack is busted it kinda works when it feels like it but not like i want. grrrr gotta love harbor freight right? got my fork design laid out that one should be good. gotta go scrounge more stuff you hit me at a bad time sensor i am low on stuff but i am super excited to get this one laid out and really going

not a downer at all......i just know you stray from the box(think carbs on a bike) so i said: drag theme,needs measurements for stays=car/motorcycle wheel!
hmmm........maybe N.H.F.F. style? im gonna get that dang cookie!
best part is seeing the picture in your head start taking shape in steel and knowing theres not another one out there and you built it yourself :mrgreen:
lack of parts you say? ive been picking mine apart for this already wheels here,cranks off this one,chain off that one.....oh well itll make it easier to sell one i guess :lol:
yeah.....horror fright tools can be testy sometimes....the roller isnt better and to get decent dies made or buy some will run 2-3 times more than the roller did :roll:
btw did you check the oil in the jack? it might just be low....

ok fine sensor you get the cookie i am going to try a NHFF style wheel. it will fit the frame design i am going for quite well. and no carbs this time around this one is going to be a much more sleek design and yes the whole bike is already in my head i just needs to get to bending some tubing up.

Picture007-1.jpg

just for u sensor here is the part that did not get uploaded last time

Picture009-1.jpg

progress got my bender working doing the lil here lil there way to bend. came out good enough for government work as they say. got my headtube angle figured out which is about 8 over what a stock schwinn is. the whole front half of the frame is very loosely based on this geometry.

Picture010-1.jpg

as is the location of the bb other than being shifted forwards and having a longer top tube.

ok sensor lets see what your up to now that you can start to see where i am headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back