K-Red's Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.jpg

47.jpg

30.jpg

Well, my brother came out last weekend and asked about a bike I was supposed to be building for his wife. I thought I had two more months, but he said her b-day was THIS Saturday! YIPES. SO Monday I ravaged the parts and bikes I had and found a frame, etc. and slapped together a gals bike. I posted all the pics so far, but only a few below. The paint was old odd pint that came off with chemtool, but i had to sand al the original paint off by hand cuz I was out of sand.

This is what have done in two days so far (fastest bike I ever built!) - going to try something new with seat covering, could be cool... :mrgreen:

VIEW BIKE BUILD PICS SO FAR HERE:
http://www.kingplinker.com/bikes/kred_01
(click arrows at top to cycle through)

I would really like to know what make/model/year this bike is!!
All old welds are brazed if that helps, and chain guard has name on it (see in above pics). Would like to tell her WHAT is! - sorry for being quiet on the forum - been staying busy....

More to come!!! Back to work... thanks for looking....

thanks guys! been masking/painting all day - started assembly as the parts dry - will post more pics this evening - gotta go get some sand paper to sand new aluminum plate, the plexiglass one was too clunky looking... seat is coming along too making custom cover....Cheers, T. more to come... weather has been good - if it had been nasty out no way I could have painted - so cool...

few more pics here - from last night and this AM. Still working on seat, and few details/painting stuff - dominant color is satin light grey, with cherry red & white accents - will be some dark grey on fenders, etc...

VIEW MORE BUILD PICS HERE:
http://www.kingplinker.com/bikes/kred_02

Few pics from above link,,,:

3.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

cheers, T>
:mrgreen:

5.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

SHOO_ WEEE _ Was quick build, fastest one I ever did for sure. Start to finish in one week flat. Finished for delivery today. Had to scrap the plate idea, I goofed the paint up (dang) but everything else worked out OK. She runs/drives great & smooth - got lucky I guess...

Tried something new w/seat - had my wife "thread-sketch" on sewing machine on to grey fabric, then covered the seat woth it, then put clear plastic over it all - have more ideas for this, but usng the clear plastic makes for some crazy seat ideas I think - you could even use pin-up gals, cool fabric, etc. - really opens up the possibilities for re-using these old seats I guess.

Also set the top part of red pearl-snap button in headlight and back fender to fill holes that were already there... another thing I will do more of in the future - I love pearl snaps!

Thank for looking - you can see all steps/process of build here (three pages full-o neat stuff!)
http://www.kingplinker.com/bikes/kred_01

Keep on truckin' - T.

looks awesome! great finish to this thrash build would be some cherry pie and vanilla ice cream. :wink:

it was a persons "two-part" seat - all the pics I took are interspersed within the pages of build pics you can find above. I delivered the bike yesterday, so I can't take more pics. Basically:

tore off old eat cover
separated pans
media blasted seat [arts
primered/painted, then painted the springs red
cut new seat padding, fabric and clear cover
drew cherris n my computer
printed and transfered to fabric
wifey thread sketched the cherries in white thread
recovered seat pan
put set parts back together...

also I drilled holes, inserted bolts and welded them in place so I could mount the seat bar too...

that help?? :D

Latest posts

Back