Just another Muscle Bike

Discussion in 'CLASS 1 - MUSCLE BIKE 2019 BUILD JOURNALS' started by CRASH, Oct 2, 2019.

1. CRASH

CRASH

A friend is an electrician. He also owns several classic cars. I need electrical work on my back yard pergola. So I'm trading a muscle bike for parts and work. It's going to be a Huffy Dragster. Paint will be a fade based on colors of two of his cars. We'll figure that at eventually. I don't have "before" pic... but here's the frame.

[​IMG]

Chad T, Old Scool, rrtbike and 3 others like this.
  2. CRASH

CRASH

[​IMG]

Started a tube of Oxilic Acid this morning. Going to pound through the rust on and in the rims, plus the front rim of another build, along with some other misc. parts.

SkyknightJohn, RustyGold and sandman like this.
  3. ParkRNDL

ParkRNDL

Is it just the perspective, or is that other front rim REALLY big?

I discovered oxalic acid for rust removal this summer. Good stuff.

4. CRASH

CRASH

It's just perspective. That 26x1-3/8” rim is jammed into the tote, so isn’t touching the bottom, and the 20” rims are laying on their sides a bit.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. sdframe

sdframe

Nice start.

6. CRASH

CRASH

This bike has been waiting on wheels to move forward. Delays caused by my other projects’ wheels have kept this bike at a stand still. Tonight I laced them while watching the end of a very disappointing 49ers defeat... (stupid brand new kicker!!).

I am not a fan of coasters. I had to go to my gallery to see how many I’ve actually built. 3 is the number, before this one. Only 3.

Anyway, next I have to tension, the true them. That’ll come when I can squeak out time to do so. The rest of this build needs these wheels to move forward... but this build isn’t the top priority, so we’ll see when.

[​IMG]

Chad T, Dr. Tankenstein and OddJob like this.
  7. CRASH

CRASH

Got the wheels trued

[​IMG]

Brian macumber, SpikeFC and RustyGold like this.