Junk Load

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lady found out I messed with old bikes and called me and said she had a couple of old bikes she wanted me to have since she was moving and didn't have any room for them. They belonged to her late husband and he was a pretty serious bike collector. This is what I found.

loadr.jpg

loadl.jpg

loadrt.jpg

Let's see, there is a ladies Collegiate with a gen and speedo. An old balloon Higgins with a rack and tank. A Pixie with solid tires. A W cycles California Shaker BMX. Assorted middleweights and MTN bikes. Even a couple of scooters. Parts including skiptooth sprockets. A nice pair of painted S-2 wheels. Old pedals and seats and several Schwinn cranks. The loose stuff filled up the seat and floor of the truck. Barely had room to drive. Thanks!!!

Please post pics of the pink bmx bike. I like old bmx stuff. I like old stuff . Heck, i just like stuff! But that one caught my eye. It looks to be some decent parts on there.Very nice score by the way!

Here are some more pics. I know absolutely nothing about BMX!

bmx1.jpg

This is how I found it. The previous owner stored the original wheels and an extra set in a box I found in his barn.

bmx2.jpg

I found this bike to be interesting.

bmx4.jpg

Had these brake cables like I'd never seen before.

bmx3.jpg

It must have come from CA?

By the way, here's a pic of the Higgans.

higgans1.jpg

Chad, the 6.2 still shakes, rattles, and rolls. My ride to work everyday. 250K and still gets about 22MPG.

Thanks!!!

I hope that when you die you can still see what is going on for a little while. I would love to see someone try to stick all my stuff in a pickup.....maybe a pickup and a 40' float on an 18 wheeler :lol: :lol: Nice score. Looks like it will be fun just going through it.

:shock: :shock: WOW nice score ! man if i seen that load goin down the road i'd be on your tail soooo quick thers no way you could shake me ! what a load,,more pic,s please ? it's amazen how far bikes get taken away from there original local... :!:

i want that green schwinn with the feather guard :?:

Man..that BMX is too familiar..just went down to Modesto today and picked up what was advertised as a "GT"..got there and it was a chrome Huffy..got it home and logged on here, and it is absolutely identical to that CW..but everywhere yours is stamped CW..mine has an "H" stamped ? the frame, wheels, bars and brake set up are identical..sure hope someone on here can id it ?

tnt1 said:
i sent a p.m. about the green frame and the black one behind it and have not heard from him Tony

Tony, None of those frames are for sale. I'm in the process of digging up parts for them. Those are this coming years projects for me.

Thanks for the pic Clancy. I'm looking for some tires for it but can't find a size anywhere on whats left of them. I'm thinking that they are 20 X 1.90 maybe?

I've been out of town lately and I'll try to get some pics of some of the other goodies that came in this lot.

Thanks!!!
David

Many times they had a 1.95 on the front and a 1.75 on the rear.

They staggered them for racing.

You'd do just fine throwing a set of 1.95 on the front and rear.

Latest posts

Back