"Jr Rat" "Done?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Jr Rat" fork Really Done

Time will tell :lol: seems like they want to compress straight with this amount of motion...

Got the frame sanded and painted . Assembled front end had to space out the springs a bit. Found some small grips at American Science and Surplus which is just down the road.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I luv this bike. it is soooo sic. can't wait to see it done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Outlaw 8)

Re: "Jr Rat" Mini "Brooks"

Got the little seat covered this morning in leather from a thrift store coat got the seam a little off but I don't think he will notice.

Nice Job.!!! I like that you added the center stitch. All you need to do is incorporate some copper rivites along the lower back side to give that Brooks touch..
KOOL "Jr Rat""!!!!

great seat. is the bike done yet? we want to see. PIC'S PIC'S PIC'S. he has the koolest in the hood. it's a wow factor for sure.

Outlaw 8)

Re: "Jr Rat" "Roller"

Got things together and other than pedals (which in this size are hard to find) and some maybe yellow and black checkerboard tape around the top tube near the seat. Brought it over to ny sons house last nite and sat little Alex on it and pushed him around all he would do is say "bike fun! bike fun" over and over at less than 2 he's still too short. Had to revamp the springs and add some extras inside the orig. ones and a guide bolt like Dr Tankenstien wondered.

well since he's 2, he still has the koolest bike in the hood. that turned out great. glad he like's it.

Outlaw 8)

That is just to cool!! My little man is 3 years old, just the right size for this one!! :wink: Those forks are super trick! Wish I could find an old straight bar frame to build him one, seems hard to find anything smaller than a 20" awesome job on this one!! :D

Machined some new spacers this morning that centered the springs and gave them a little more preload. Old spacer on right.Also got some pedals.The boy is still too short darn 20mo old kids are just too short!

i wanna see it with bars/seat slammed and bars flipped
like on pg 1
looked best there imho

Cut out a chain guard after work going to weld it up in the morning if I can remember my settings for aluminum...!

Got the welding done and corners rounded. Sandblasted and ready to paint.
dscf2892.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-12-31

dscf2893a.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-12-31

Latest posts

Back