John Tomac Giant ATX 890

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this 1996 John Tomac model last weekend for pocket change, completely went through it cleaning, adjusting and replacing where needed, brake pads and such. Bike is awesome and cleaned up really nice, bought it from a guy who was a Giant Sales Rep back during the time Tomac raced this bike and knew him personally, so a cool piece of history came with it. Original Tioga Psycho tires are in great shape with no dry rot so really glad to be keeping those on there, really adds to the vintage qualities of the bike. I rebuilt the Rockshox fork because the original elastomers were shot, I replaced them with a rebuild spring kit from Kronos and they are nice now. It has Sram and Shimano LX components with double wall Sun rims. I changed the seat because the original was in pretty bad shape, I also swapped over to platform pedals and a 31.8 bar and stem keeping the Tioga bar ends wanting to keep it as vintage looking as possible even still. Frame is Alcoa CU-92 which is very high quality 6013-T6 aluminum. Here's a few pics of the way it looks now,...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back