Jenna Saykwa Longbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been over a year since I pulled out the old jeweler's saw and I figured I could make something useful out of this discarded fan blade. It's going on the seat tube tomorrow.

IMG_1075.jpg

I also have to check out the electrical system. All that hard riding has screwed up something in the wiring. 180 km so far on this thing.

every bike should have a skull. :)
that turned out wicked, might have to punk your idea. :)

Sexy looking bike! lol I love the look of the skull it's unique. I play on making a single speed road bike because everyones having one lol Mines pirate themed, Great build.

Thanks for all the great comments :) I took care of some issues this morning.

First dirty up the white hockey tape with dark wood stain. Came out pretty good.
IMG_1080.jpg

Second install the skull on the seat tube.
IMG_1077.jpg

Third do some pinstriping. It's less than perfect (shaky lines and not too symmetrical) but I'm happy with it for freehand work. I don't sketch ahead of time or on the piece. I just choose a starting point and let the brush go from there. In this case it was the reflector. The reason there are so many dots is simple, they are easy to do. :mrgreen:
IMG_1078.jpg

Rear fender
IMG_1079.jpg

Looks a lot better from a distance. :D
IMG_1081.jpg

Now to find that electrical Gremlin!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
that's just f-n dirty!
(word on the street has it, thats real real good)

This bike's getting better and better every time I check on your progress! Love that skull and the pinstripes!

Your Long Rat is coming along fine. Do you have a design in mind on your bags that your wife is so graciously fabricated for you? Along the lines of the Xtracycle open ended design or more of a pannier?

They will be more like panniers. I really don't like the open end design of the X-tra cycle although I can see the practical side of it. I was planning a cartoon type pin up girl but looking at the bike today I figured it would ruin the overall Diesel locomotive look that it has so far. So I decided on something simple and in the same theme. I made a simple stencil in Photoshop with stencil std font, cut the paper, slapped it on and painted away.

IMG_1083.jpg

The only real hard thing left to do on this bike is beefing up the rack and making those bags. After that I'll be left with small stuff and then I will be done. :mrgreen:

GREAT job on the pinstripe! :shock: one day i might try something like that but it probably won't look anywhere near as good as your work.

I should come to your french land and have a ride with ya sometime since I aint far away, wonder if they will let my longbike ride on the train lol

Hsean said:
I should come to your french land and have a ride with ya sometime since I aint far away, wonder if they will let my longbike ride on the train lol
Mais oui! Let me know if you are ever in Town and I will gladly take you up on a ride. Just be prepared to do some climbing. :)

I bike everyday hills or no hills, the longtail I built is doing pretty well, side from a smashed rear fender already lol. it`s so heavy it sets the traficlights to change thinking the weight is a small car or something. I might beef up the bike abit like a 8speed hub and bigger rims and axles and a fork. I noticed the front axle is pretty bent lol

Wow, that is just too freakin' cool! 8)
And talk about an improvement from what you started with!

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm back at work after a great vacation so the bike is on stand by for now. It managed to survive over 300 km in a week thru the streets of Montreal, all kinds of hill climbing, a critical mass and even going down some stairs! I have to get those saddle bags going to finish it up.

Glad to hear it`s keeping togeather, so is mine, I use it alot and have hauled some heavy stuff on it, only broken thing is the rear fender, another bicyclist was daydreaming and rearended me lol

Hsean said:
Glad to hear it`s keeping togeather, so is mine, I use it alot and have hauled some heavy stuff on it, only broken thing is the rear fender, another bicyclist was daydreaming and rearended me lol
I had the same thing happen at last month's critical mass. I guess we have inviting rear ends!

Latest posts

Back