JC Higgins Pretty Clean!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, got this at cycle swap meet. Guy (that I just met) just told me to take it and bring him $ when I had it, he lives close to me. We agreed on $50.00 and I took her home. Everything seems original, even cool rack on back is painted same as frame. Fenders have red pinstriping on them, and sprocket has words JC HIGGINS cut out of it. Pedals are thick & slick! Headlight slips off - 3-speed shifter has a N (neutral?) - I know it's not rat, and that it's a ladies bike, but I fell in love with the oldness & completeness of it and wanted to save. I don't really need/want it, bur couldn't resist. It's like a funky pale green I guess... my sons rode it all over the swap meet yesterday... for hours... Il try & find serial numbers. Anyone know where can I look up the numbers to see what year this thing is?

jc_new01.jpg

jc_new02.jpg

jc_new03.jpg

jc_new04.jpg

jc_new05.jpg

jc_new06.jpg

It is one of those Austrian Sears bicycles. There might be a year date on the rear hub. I just found a "66" on my sears hub a few days ago.
"N" is for Normal speed.

Nice bike. I'd say late 50's. I've got a 63 Sears with a hub like that. Year is right after the word "Speed" in 2 digits.

346qhiq.jpg

definatly an austrian built sears jc higgins. i have a black one, very similar but without any fenders or chainguards, and i believe they were made by steyr in austria. ive come across afew of these old 3speeds, and i even have a hub just like yours, but its on my steyr (ironiclly enough). and id say late 50's or early 60's.

Latest posts

Back