JC Higgins Flightliner Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was elated when I spotted this gem at the transfer station this morning!
I have plans, yes plans.... :lol:

Fliner1.jpg

Fliner2.jpg

FlinerL.jpg

Fliner5.jpg

wow, thats a delux one and pretty complete, looks like you are only missing the chain, horn guts and headlight guts... mine was pretty bare bones.

good luck!

Make sure to loosen as good as you can on the neck and make it drink liquid wrench down the sides of the neck and flip it over and soak through the bottom of the fork crown and let it sit for about 2-3 days.It'll give it time to break down 40 years of junk and help with the removal.Figure you know that already,just throwin it out there.

bikejunkie said:
Make sure to loosen as good as you can on the neck and make it drink liquid wrench down the sides of the neck and flip it over and soak through the bottom of the fork crown and let it sit for about 2-3 days.It'll give it time to break down 40 years of junk and help with the removal.Figure you know that already,just throwin it out there.

I'll do that thanks, then I'll beat it into submission 8)

sick bike. The tank resembles the nose of a 69 Camaro.. So that back rim.. where did it come from?

Today I spent quite a bit of time installing the Raleigh derailluer and cable. I also installed a rear brake (I had to drill a hole for it). Then after that I realized I had a slightly warped rear rim. I spent an hour straightening it enough to clear all obstacles, (frame, brake pads etc.). I took her out for a spin and and realized I need to mess with the chain guard as the right pedal shaft is slightly bent inward. I may just replace the guard eventually, I'd like to find a chrome one. Next on the list is cosmetics. I'm debating between white and or silver paint for the tank. I'd like to do something cool with the headlight opening. Not sure what I'm doing with that yet. She's looking better so I'm happy so far. Let me know what you think! 8)

Frightliner17.jpg

Frightliner14.jpg

Frightliner15.jpg

Frightliner12.jpg

Cool!!! Have you considered raking out the fork with the dropout flip method?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back