Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought about painting the inside of the exhaust bright red?

PIB13.jpg
Thats a new one on me

Im
You could post it as it is. It's a roller just waiting on some more detailing. Also, MBBO finished threads are for bikes built during the MBBO. Painting the inside of the tube looks good, I've done it before too.

Carl.
Im too far into it to post it as is. Need it powdercoated, need all the decals on it, I have many more parts for it and have a real slick idea for the chain guard. All I need is time and thats been scarce lately. If I dont make it, I will do a continuation thread in the builds section. I like the red inside the pipes idea. Maybe if I cant find the right lights. But Im not rushing to meet a deadline. Going to do every piece right. I have decided on no tank and no wheelie bar. Maybe on my next one

Well unless it was a total failure or there's a need to pull out of the competition, I'd still post it at the end of the month. I think you'll be surprised at the response you get, it's a cool bike and unlike anything else in this build off. Just because you post it in the finished bike thread, doesn't mean it's done in my book. It's just a fixed point in time where our bikes may be judged from at that time. I continue to tweak on all of my builds and some of them are very different now from what they were at their finish lines. Ultimately they are our bikes and the payoff is ownership of such, the competition just drives us forward.

Carl.

Well unless it was a total failure or there's a need to pull out of the competition, I'd still post it at the end of the month. I think you'll be surprised at the response you get, it's a cool bike and unlike anything else in this build off. Just because you post it in the finished bike thread, doesn't mean it's done in my book. It's just a fixed point in time where our bikes may be judged from at that time. I continue to tweak on all of my builds and some of them are very different now from what they were at their finish lines. Ultimately they are our bikes and the payoff is ownership of such, the competition just drives us forward.

Carl.
Well said. I have always felt many builders left their builds out of the Finished Thread at the end of a build off because they thought they weren't done. And your point Carl is well taken; they are always a work in progress.

Posting up a final pic on the Finished Build Thread gives us all an opportunity to appreciate where the bike came from to where it was at the close of the build off.

Carl.
I have to agree with you guys. I will finish with what I have but wont rip it apart for powder just yet. I will post pics of how far I got and describe the ultimate goal. I enjoy the hobby for what it is but in the end it is just a hobby and not a life requirement. I dont feel bad if i dont make a deadline. I will feel good when i finish what i started. So i will just post in the finished thread aug 1 and then do a continuation thread as well. I was a huge Evel fan and have always had a thing for bicentennial bikes as well. Im going to finish this build at some point the way I dreamed it to be

Thanks for all the support guys

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back