I've got alot of...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Seat clamps, it seems like as I dismantle bikes and swap parts my collection of seat clamps keeps growing. Why am I keeping them? Where do they keep coming from? Why do I have more seat clamps than bikes... or saddles? I even found a piece of a seat clamp in my yard from a previous owner... I kept it... WHY?!

What part or parts seem to build up in your collection? Pedals, fender supports, chainrings?

Buck Masterson said:
I have a nice handlebar collection, but never the set I need or want! lol

Isn't this the truth, can't really be applied to seat clamps, but I've got a pile of wheels, mostly all freewheel mutli-speed... I NEED SINGLE COASTERS!

badmuller said:
I wish i had some of what everybody has.

I have a lot of plans... :wink:

We all need to pool our multiple items and list them, see if anyone needs them... I'm sure you all need seat clamps.

I always got a lot of everything but what I need......lol. Normally a mix of everything but brake and gear cables even though I have a million and one that don't work. If I had to pick one thing I'd have to say reflectors, I got bins just overflowing with them. I have sold them, given them to kids, I always make sure every bike I sell has every necessary reflector on it. Where do they keep coming from? Who knows.

quite a few front wheels. from where i've brought a whole bike cheap for a particular part or something, and eventually i use more, but not the front wheel that often. also from where i've been making stretch cruisers and using a smaller wheel in front, so i have quit a few old beach cruiser front wheels. i just got me a truck though and i mean to pack some stuff up and cart it somewhere.

I've got alot of crap that I don't have matches to or stuff that doesn't fit things I need them to and a bunch of have no idea what to put it on. I also find that a hand full of bikes could be built if only I had a "-----" and usualy the "-----" is more cash then I can blow on parts. I think I'm gonna unload a bunch of stuff and maybe even organize the rest. And I have no chain, dang burittos!

spiders :lol: my workspace is the basement is overrun by spiders. im willing to swap 'em if anybodys interested!

That sounds like a plan but beware, every time I get rid of something like that, the next day I find the mate to it. I had a rear old Lester aluminum mag wheel that I thought I'd never find a mate to, I searched for at least 3 years, I finally gave up and gave it away. The next morning I found the exact match front rim in my neighbor's trash........The real kicker was I got the back one off of him to begin with so it was probably a matched set!

X-RAY said:
spiders :lol: my workspace is the basement is overrun by spiders. im willing to swap 'em if anybodys interested!

I'll trade you just half of my spider crickets for all of your spiders. These dang spider crickets creep me out.

yoothgeye said:
X-RAY said:

I'll trade you just half of my spider crickets for all of your spiders. These dang spider crickets creep me out.
Spider crickets??? Never heard of them, I get a lot of spiders in my shed but they never bother me other than having to wipe the webs off some bikes when I dig through them. and the spiders take care of the other bugs like mosquitoes, crickets, I had a problem with house centipedes for a while but I got some spray and haven't seen them since, talk about a creepy looking bug.

I've got a tonne of wood in my "workshop" also a lot of curtains. I'm definitely thinking of curtain seat upholstery and wooden accenting on my proper rat. but I have to sort the pretty one out for my girlfriend.
You guys reckon you can make a sit up and beg town bike look mean with enough paint and accessories?
I also have 2500 screws and about 20lbs of nails. Bike parts however is limited to one spare pair of tyres and an old pram I want to scrap for parts >: ]

Latest posts

Back