Ive been so busy lately (new Bike Hauler)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this past year I have been re-bitten by the car bug with a new job building motors and now this winter I will be starting on my new bike hauler!
1947 International pickup. It will be along the lines of a finished street rod but with the rat rod vibe of odd parts thrown at it. a buddy will be building a scratch built frame with an I beam front axle and a 4 link rear with air bags. it will be channeled, fenderless and super low :) it will have a custom grill shell,3 inch chop, firewall stretched for my long legs and we are looking at a wedge bed with a bike rack system that will be able to haul up to 4 stretched bikes . power comes from a newly acquired 1970 Cadilac ElDorado 500ci engine 400 hp and a crazy 550 lbs torque!! Turbo 350 and an S10 rear
this wont be a fast project maybe 2 years but I am super excited about it!
1st picture is my truck or well the little bit of a truck I have!
2nd picture is a direction we are heading
3rd is inspiration!
and the last few are some of his previous work!
C360_2011-10-1518-19-31_org.jpg

c32443dc.jpg

821d9d5b.jpg

84ba3e75.jpg

4562f181.jpg

c27b986c.jpg

92bf62ba.jpg

1b7f2a32.jpg

Sounds like you've got the right connections.

Hopefully it won't end up being one of those "Project Truck" classified ads.

looking forward too seeing her come to life :mrgreen: ohhh.....if you ever need any caddy performance links or info feel free to hit me up(i did a ton of research on how to build them up for smallest $ since ive got a 68 472 :wink: but it seems like youre on the right track taking it out of the car that weighs 2000#s more and dumping it in a lighter body) have fun and make sure you post some pics of your face the first time you lay the pedal down :shock: :mrgreen:

Hey Hooch,WAY COOL!

I'd use a 400 trans and a 9" rear...unless ya like replacing parts every week.

(I got a stiffie over that Sedan pic)

Cool project Hooch. Light weight + big motor = lots of fun. I've had five Cadillacs with either the 472 or the 500 in them and it's a great motor. I had a '68 Coupe de Ville with a mild cam and a few other basic performance upgrades. It was a land yacht and could really move but it will make your truck fly.

I won't be racing it. Just wanted an obscure cheaper engine. We have 2 of these 1970 eldorado 400 hp 500ci motors in the shop so its a natural choice. They are only 60 lbs heavier than a small block chevy too. We have a set of block hugging headers. Might add a cam and my buddy is chomping at the bit to build a sheet metal intake for it for multiple garbs.. I suggested 3 small 4bbl edelbrocks as I have never seen that before!

sent from my awesome android!

Looks like a very cool project Hooch. Love the ramped bed. That Cadillac will be a sweet engine choice.

Hooch,What gear in the rear ya runnin'?

Caddys dont like to rev to the moon.

Ask me how I know.

My ''76 Coupe deVile is sitting out here with a blowed up 500 from beating up on the rice boys.

It still runs,but now it sounds like World War Two.(Its almost a window block.)

I got a fresh '68 472 to replace that hurting unit.

The higher the better for scattering that engine.

About a 3:00 ratio will still boil the tires real good.

Cool :shock:
By any chance, would you be interested in adopting a 30 year old?
I can cook... :mrgreen: :lol:

Hooch, that will be super wicked. really like the idea your after. rock on. also like all the pic's, very nice rats.

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back