It's trash time again (odd month!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1708projects005.jpg

Goodwill and trash heap trikes.
1708projects004.jpg

Dunelt mid 60's 3 speed - trash heap
1708projects003.jpg

A 1956-57 Scwhin DeLuxe Racer 3 speed that I gave to a neighbor and he set it out for the trash! :? I threw a set of exerciser bars on it and will probably put a 26x1 3/4 tire on the back with a coaster rim. Touch of rat on a lightweight always makes them a bit cooler.
1708projects002.jpg

1708projects001.jpg

This cool lugged English frame was in the trash too, so I threw a set of drop bars and a Brooks saddle on with a 3 speed Shimano coaster wheelset. Will transplant the rest from the Dunelt and have a cool little basic bike. Plan to put the trigger up under the seat and keep the cables to a minimum. :wink:

I like that racer! here's my dumpster rescued racer. this bikes flies. The rear wheel is a 60' sturmey tcw. i love the tcw's. you can keep a bike cleaner looking without the hand brakes. He threw it to the curb?! the 'hat in the ring' decal is perfect! you would have heard my brakes locking up if I was driving down your street and saw that at the curb:!:
P2010162a.jpg

Glad you re-rescued it.

the tricycle on the right (the blue/greenish one) is that a murray/mercury ?

the exercisor bars look sweet on that De Racer too

ej599 said:
I like that racer! here's my dumpster rescued racer. this bikes flies. The rear wheel is a 60' sturmey tcw. i love the tcw's. you can keep a bike cleaner looking without the hand brakes. He threw it to the curb?! the 'hat in the ring' decal is perfect! you would have heard my brakes locking up if I was driving down your street and saw that at the curb:!:
Glad you re-rescued it.

Yeah, sitting out in a pile. Granted, he has bikes coming out of his ears, but...well, it's back where it belongs I suppose. I actually bought NOS decals for this thing last year and gave him those also. I'll probably nix the chainguard and sand off the painted on goofy graphics (not original). The hat in ring and Schwinn Quality stay.

CCR said:
the tricycle on the right (the blue/greenish one) is that a murray/mercury ?

the exercisor bars look sweet on that De Racer too

I can't find any indication as to what that trike is. It was a mercy save...

Latest posts

Back