"Iron Annie"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks jimmy65, wingman, and flame jigger!
utilityart: the rims are CHOPPERSUS 24x2.5 laced to a nexus 3 rear hub and a shimano front hub with thick bricks.
skr8pn: thanks as for the benders i use theyre the ones that came with my house when i bought it....tree in the back yard for the bigger tubing and lamp post/mailbox post for the smaller stuff.
someday ill have a jd2 but for now spare cash goes towards my 31.

sensor said:
skr8pn: thanks as for the benders i use theyre the ones that came with my house when i bought it....tree in the back yard for the bigger tubing and lamp post/mailbox post for the smaller stuff.
someday ill have a jd2 but for now spare cash goes towards my 31.

Lol, So its the Bear Gryll"s "sensor v's wild bender"... I like :D So are you packing them with sand or u just get'n on them till they "Tap Out" to the shape your after?

I might go Green and utilize my enviroment also 8)

Id be putting any coin i had into a 31 also mate

i do both...if its a long gradual bend i just wedge and bend and repeat until curve is where i want it.
if its anything near a 90 i pack then bend.
you should see some of the looks i get from my neighbors when i use the front yard bender :lol:

sensor said:
i do both...if its a long gradual bend i just wedge and bend and repeat until curve is where i want it.
if its anything near a 90 i pack then bend.
you should see some of the looks i get from my neighbors when i use the front yard bender :lol:

Thanks sensor... im going to have to give it a go, just wasnt to sure on the actual need to pack the tube or not. I have tube sitting here waiting for me but i was going to do it a favour and actually bend it not crush it :?

thanks!
well....i got a few minutes before i had to go to job #2 to take it for a really quick shake down(and figure out where to mount the shifter....thats why im reaching down :wink: ) and get it on film...

sorry you wasted almost 2 minutes of your life for that :lol:
chainlines good to go and it tracks straight :mrgreen:
now i just need to take a file to the welds and fully weld the b.b. and its primer time(bars will probably change...im just not felling them yet :| )

well.....finally got some primer on this thing....now i just need to tear the wheels down,hubs apart,and bars for some primer and the fun part....blocking everything :roll:
well....that and make,paint,letter,and line the tank but thatll wait till the summer riding season is over...

oh yeah....picture
primer1.jpg

This is one cool bike. I usually go for the strecthed cruisers. This has me thinking I want to build a bobber style bike soon. Thanks for some inspiration.

im gonna pass on the scrape guard....shes gonna be my bar room brawler so shes gonna get scrapped up anyhow
thanks...loved your recent stretch(the next ones gonna be long and low :wink: )
man i really hate waiting for stuff to finish gassing off :x
thanks for the comments....updates to come really soon!

well i guess this is all that happened(since i didnt take pics of anything else :p ) but since the world didnt end i got a chance to get her put togeather(still need to get some spacers for the stem and cut the shift cable down and bend a new shifter arm since i couldnt put a chinese wrench on an american made bike!) should be buttoned up just in time for my vacation :mrgreen:

IMG_0113.jpg

dont mind the front tire/wheel....those are just stand ins until the front hub is dry enough to lace with out tearing it up

well summers over and i finally had a minute to work on her and get her closer to where she was headed originally(still need to make a tank for myself :roll: )
ive gotta strip and prime the torringtons ive got on it now since theyre in sad shape paint-wise.....
IMG_0347.jpg

maybe ill have it finished before the world ends this december! :lol:
or maybe not :lol:

oh ive gotta say thanks to steve(you know who....RATROD!) for the tip on de-lettering the felt tires :mrgreen: theyre so much nicer when un-logoed!

That is way cooler than a Basman, great frame!
So, can I build one? :roll:
(or at least try to?)

Latest posts

Back