"Iron Annie"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well since the build off got killed off i guess ill finish this one off here....
to recap:
conception
namehmmmmmm-1.jpg

laid out for bending
getbent7.jpg

rough mock up
tackymockup.jpg

final welding
rearend004.jpg

colors
paint.jpg

got a little work done today(finally started cutting steel for the drop outs but dont have my vise grips here or my butcher bit and grinder so theyll get finished and tacked next weekend :cry: )
ill post some pics later of what direction my seatings going since the guy was happy with his fender and i got my springs :mrgreen:

Re: iron annie

thanks and heres the basics for the seat....i still need to make the pivot for the front and the frame but you get the jist of it...
seatmockup.jpg
and yes i know on a solo the springs are supposed to face the opposite way but i dont weigh that much so i dont need alot off bounce and these are rated for over 300#s :wink:

Looking good!! On the photo with the car behind it, it looks like the bike's got a headlight! :D

got to playing around today and next thing in line will be to take this shifty little guy and stick it to him!
gettinshifty.jpg

seems like itll be a fairly easy process and i have most of the bugs worked out but dont have enough steel here to start cutting and fitting tonight :(

Looking very good! Yeah that pic with the car behind it looks like the fender on the car could be a part of the top tube on the bike. Hmmmm......I'm getting an idea!

lookin like a pretty sweet bike!

stared eyeballing this again and heres approximately how shell sit when done
seatpostionwheelplacement002.jpg

i finally got my drop outs rough cut/level/square so i can get them off not and start carving them into shape and start tacking them
roughcutdropouts004.jpg

glad ive finally got some time to bring her back from the dead finally...

finally got her out of the jig :mrgreen:
still need to trim a couple things,make the brackets for the seat pan,and mount the b.b. but shes on her way finally!
antijig006.jpg

antijig002.jpg

ive even got my shifter figured out :shock:
at this rate she may see primer before halloween :lol:

I love the stance of your bike. Have you tried out the riding position yet? how does it feel?

in this pic there looks like there is some sort of half tank in the bike. I know its the rails from your rod but it actually would look really good with a tank of that shape
roughcutdropouts004.jpg

WOW loving the lines of the frame design. I'm looking forward to see this bike finished. :mrgreen:

thanks for the compliments :mrgreen:
as for the tank....im going to go full tank(not tool box style like all my others....thisll have curves since the rest of the bike does)....riding position is fine...i havent welded the seat on yet(been working on the shifter and got side tracked) but ive sat with it on in position and its actually comfortable.
again thanks and ill get the shifter pics up soon as well as the seat mounting

well its just a (really)rough mock up but you guys get the general idea....
chifter001.jpg

shift arm still needs to be bent to what i want(like i need an excuse to play with the torch :mrgreen: ) but its a start...
chifter002.jpg

shift arms at 99% now......gonna finish the upper bend so its got a gentler(is that even a word :lol: ) radius,sand it down,polish,clear,and stripe the knob.
chevychifter003.jpg

chevychifter002.jpg

those pics will come after i finish the frame(ive got bike A.D.D.)
best part is im only $10.28 into the suicide shifter

Great idea! What holds the socket onto the gripshift? Did you cut off the backside of the socket or machine it to open up the end? :idea:

Latest posts

Back