Introducing myself

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have been forever into cars but I have recently started being interested in these old funky bikes. Although I do have a modern bike for regular riding I am not very knowledgeable on these old bikes and looking for help with repairs/maintenance (last week I bought a 1963(?) "Texas Rangerette" for my wife and it needs a bunch of things to make it more comfortable. I will be posting a few questions in separate forums.

Welcome aboard!

I looked at the Rangerette and see it has the star sprocket that everyone likes. The peaked fenders, seat post, and sprocket all ID it as an AMF, made in Little Rock Arkansas from around 56 until 71 or thereabouts. I'd guess 65 on the bike. The paint and chrome from what I saw look very good. 26 x 1.75 tires, plenty of new ones that will go good on the bike.

Welcome aboard!

I looked at the Rangerette and see it has the star sprocket that everyone likes. The peaked fenders, seat post, and sprocket all ID it as an AMF, made in Little Rock Arkansas from around 56 until 71 or thereabouts. I'd guess 65 on the bike. The paint and chrome from what I saw look very good. 26 x 1.75 tires, plenty of new ones that will go good on the bike.
Hi, thank you for the welcoming! I will try to locate the year with the info you gave me. The chrome is decent. Paint on some areas has seen better days. Not sure if I want to go for a full restoration or just a good clean up and wax... I'll decide later. For the time being I'm focusing on ride quality.

Welcome to the best vintage custom rat rod bike site on the internet! Many knowledgeable and helpful folks on here with lots of tricks, hints, and ideas in their heads. The best way to get fully 'steeped' into the RRB forum is to join the Summer Build-Off, which begins on May 1st. You will get to know the community, learn about vintage bikes and parts, and have fun building / restoring your own bike at the same time! Watch for a new Thread in the Builds forum that will start up on May 1, and join the fun!

Welcome to the best vintage custom rat rod bike site on the internet! Many knowledgeable and helpful folks on here with lots of tricks, hints, and ideas in their heads. The best way to get fully 'steeped' into the RRB forum is to join the Summer Build-Off, which begins on May 1st. You will get to know the community, learn about vintage bikes and parts, and have fun building / restoring your own bike at the same time! Watch for a new Thread in the Builds forum that will start up on May 1, and join the fun!
Thank you. So far I have had a lot of very helpful advice from other members on how to tackle the repairs on my wife's bike! Looking forward to complete it and get another project going.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back