Into the Unknown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sprocket is Snyder-made, they're the ones that made Rollfasts, Hawthornes, etc. I had a bike with one on it like that, but my frame's headtube wasn't that tall. Cool frame though!

Looks like a few motos are entered this year.
Good luck

Looks like a Mead Path Finder to me,you may not want to do any cutting,grinding or welding on it
No matter what it is it is of the late teens.

Maybe I need to reserch this frame a bit more , one thing I am sure of is I will not be modifying it.
So far it has only had a kroil treatment on all the rusty hardware, should be bare ready to be cleaned
in the morning and maybe some mock up after that.

So today was a bit of a learning curve, turns out I don't know my old Schwinns so good .
Tailhole nailed the ID. this is in fact a rare Tall frame Schwinn Motorbike from the 30s.
Exact year still unknown but I'll continue trying to figure that out ! It was a bit of a struggle
getting the seat post out as someone in the past pounded a beat and bent post in as far
as they could I guess so a shorter person could ride this tall 20" frame and the seat made
dents in the top tube bouncing on it. After some cleaning and light sanding it looks like
the original color was a tourquoise blue of sorts over sprayed with black.
this post is beat up

tall bent post by schwinnspastic, on Flickr
dented top tube and a glimpse of the og color

tall dent by schwinnspastic, on Flickr
not sure if this is the og crank but it is Schwinn script and a '37 date code

tall 37 crank by schwinnspastic, on Flickr
more later
Mark

if this is one from the pile would love to see the pile!!

Troy

just look at the above pics, its a bicycle junkyard around my house...last count was over a hundred
frames, at least as many rims/wheels and other asst. parts,,,Never thought of myself as a hoarder
but it sure looks that way :oops:

Schwinnspastic said:
just look at the above pics, its a bicycle junkyard around my house...last count was over a hundred
frames, at least as many rims/wheels and other asst. parts,,,Never thought of myself as a hoarder
but it sure looks that way :oops:

Lol, i know what you mean. Still, nothing like that,I wish i had that many frames lying around :)

"Rare or not, better to build it and use it then just letting it sit around"
ChrisMac this frame is one of 50 or so that I have aquired since Febuary from a friend of mine
that is getting up there in age and did not want to see his 60 year collection go to the scrap yard
when he passes so he gave it all to me and so far I have put 3 together from his stash ! I also have
a few of them in various stages of build, mostly gathering there parts so far.
So I have not had a lot of time for the bike this week but I did dig around the pile for rims and hubs
and started cleaning them up before I lace them together, these Morrow and New Departure hubs seem
to spin well so I'll clean and regrease them.

tall morrow hub by schwinnspastic, on Flickr
this pair of drop center rims were yellow with a blue pinstripe over spayed with blue and drops of red
house paint heres a before and after cleaning pic, kinda like the patina so they'll get laced just the way
they are.... well after I clean the other one.

tall drop center by schwinnspastic, on Flickr

more later
Mark

Thanks for the props but the 24x3 tire is just krammed in place , this frame is about a half an inch
too narrow for it....I aggree it looks cool though. Those tires are actually going on another build,
its a CWC Hawthorne...I should start a build thread for that one, its looking like the bike for this
build off more than the Schwinn.

tank turned out nice

Latest posts

Back