**INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to RRB, and to the build off. I've been building and fabricating for some time now, and decided that I need to get off my duff and build a bike!
Plus this seems like a cool forum to show off and check out other people's talents!

So first off, here is my canvas for the build...

176790_10150111801333711_511913710_6278626_7024347_o.jpg

I have a garage full of parts, Just need to decide what I want to use for this build

Well, thanks for taking the time to check this out, I hope to post some more pics on here soon!

Cheers!
-Eric

Re: **INSERT BUILD NAME HERE** (noob alert)

i say clean it up, flip the handlebars, lower the seat, and go with it! :mrgreen:

Good start there :mrgreen: Oh yeah, welcome :D

Welcome! :mrgreen: Really good build off potential! Go for it! 8)

Well, my paypal account just took a good hit! now to sit by the mail box and wait for my parts! :D

erichitscar said:
Well, my paypal account just took a good hit! now to sit by the mail box and wait for my parts! :D

A garage full of parts and you still spent money. Uh oh, we better watch out.

WELCOME!! GOOD START,GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN. PEACE

yoothgeye said:
erichitscar said:

A garage full of parts and you still spent money. Uh oh, we better watch out.

The columbia i'm building is a 24" and I unfortunately don't have a lot of parts for a 24"
The main purchase was a new rear wheel, it was sprung, and I never learned how to lace a wheel properly...
Other than that just a few other parts, some inner tubes some tires, and a few miscellaneous parts here and there. Nothing to worry about! :wink:

Yea! Parts are slowly starting to trickle in! the rear wheel came today, and some other parts came this past friday! Still waiting on my Thick Brick rear tire to get here...
I'll try to post some pictures later tonight.

Man o' man, this thing is rusted, and nothing will budge! Going to let it sit over night with some penetrating oil!

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Here are some of the parts that have come in so far :mrgreen:

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

What brand are those grips, I really like the lacing on them.

yoothgeye said:
What brand are those grips, I really like the lacing on them.

They don't have a brand name, they were cheap-o eBay grips...
Let me see if I can find you a link.

Good to see a fellow Sanduskian here. I normally cruise my stuff downtown with it's low traffic, waterfront and limited bikepath. Nice start you have there, I hope I get to see it in person.

While I was riding last sunday at Shoreline on Mutley, I met a guy with a '52 Shelby. Sandusky sure could certainly use some cycling scene.

JoKeR63 said:
Good to see a fellow Sanduskian here. I normally cruise my stuff downtown with it's low traffic, waterfront and limited bikepath. Nice start you have there, I hope I get to see it in person.

While I was riding last sunday at Shoreline on Mutley, I met a guy with a '52 Shelby. Sandusky sure could certainly use some cycling scene.

Good to have some one in our neck of the woods with a passion for building bikes! I would love it if Sandusky was more bike friendly. Glad to know you share a similar pastime! Hope we bump into each other sometime! I plan on doing a photo shoot downtown when the bike is done.

Contemplating a frame change... This Columbia is too small for me...
I have an old Montgomery Ward 26" hanging out in my garage, and it's in fantastic shape. I pulled it out and started tinkering with it and hanging parts.

IMG_1295.jpg

This is what I've done so far:

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

Looks NICE...Old School and classic .

Latest posts

Back