Industrial trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I officially throwing my hat into the ring. I'm not sure this will be concidered a rat but its what I'm working on so I thought I'd share. The bike that I was going to build up is a Hurcules but I quickly found out that Brit bikes have funny sized wheels and tires. Neither of which I have on hand and with cash flow low I re-hung the 3-speed on its hook and wasn't going to do anything. I bought this trike close to two years ago with the intent of putting an engine on it but for many engineering reasons that hasn't happened yet so the bike has been collecting dust for awhile now. Last fall I had an extra set of 24X3 tires laying around so I threw them on the trike and thought it looked cool. The first shot is with the cheezy nobbies on it.
img0210resized0ej.jpg

24X3s

Fast forward several more dust collecting months and alot of snow, I decided to play with this one again. Today I put a Sturmey Archer 3-speed on it and completely changed out the front end. It was 10 degrees today and with the help of my kerosene heater I got the garage up to 40, so heres a couple of pics with more to come...Kelly

The new fork gave it a nice rake, the original had some bad angles and it steered funky.

Very cool!
I love those Wheels...are they a Skyway Product..

The Triple Tree's...all be it not my favourite style( but they are growin on me a lot lately )look great on that Trike.

lookin good..glad you threw your hat in!

peace,
Kev.

Clothespin "n" said:
Very cool!
I love those Wheels...are they a Skyway Product..

Thanks for the compliments guys. I believe the mags are Skyway but I can't find any markings on them. Other than being 24" they are identical to the ones I used to run on my GT back in the day...Kelly

Hey Kelly! I need to see some more pics! Man you got me all worked up over your trike project and then you left me hanging Something like this happened once before.... I think it was my prom night. Did you use to be a big o'l cheerleader and go by the name of sweaty Betty, you big tease! :wink:

I'm always fascinated by trikes so please fill my needs!

OK, I'll get some more pics in the next couple of days. I did take it for a short spin the other day, the geometry is 100% better, that was my main goal with this bike. I don't have alot more planned for this one yet but I do have a couple more tricks up my sleeve. Speaking of sleeves Chainsaw should I bring my sleevless cheerleading outfit to Royal Oak for you...Sweaty Betty

You otta throw this on a shirt!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

I know of at least 3 sales!

Chainsaw said:
You otta throw this on a shirt!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

I know of at least 3 sales!

Love that! Live Life to Fullest Baby!

Well guys, I got sidetracked first by a bum knee and then by a rat of a diffrent type. I am bowing out of the build off but will show finished pics shortly. Here is my friends dune truck that we completely rebuilt the engine from the bare block to running last week....Kelly

Before After

dsc00227zv0.jpg

img0249bg1.jpg
dsc00222sl4.jpg

img0248vj2.jpg
dsc00231jq3.jpg

Latest posts

Back