Incoming!!!Bikeflights.com stuff and FedEx issues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So bikes are starting to land. Have fed e looking for one bike, but 2 of 3 landed today.
The looptail Steblar from @kirk
IMG_20161109_122647.jpg
The bottom "bracket" is strange, it's a bolt together clam shell, I'll get picks later, busy sorting and storing...
Very happy w packaging, Kirk added heavy foam blocks to protect corners and edges. I'm very comfortable with waiting for the rest no concern regaurding packing.

Other was the flyer I acquired for @marius.suiram I'll admit I got nervous we agreed for it to be shipped in two boxes for safe travel. Once sent was notified was in one box. Stress level flew. I am happy to say, it was very well packed and backfilled I would have liked to see some extra padding on the headtube as it did manage to poke through a bit.
All in all I was not positive how complete I would receive. I am more than happy with what I received for what i payed. Was supposed be frame forks and drive, he worked with me and I ended up with everything it had, Skippy chain included.
1478724833161-1930509257.jpg

I'll get better shots tonight... Now to chase my Columbia from fed ex...

Love that loop tail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a keeper... It's very strange in a good way.. the bottom bracket is really strange as is the crank, there is no visible fixture nut on the crank.
The guard is from a skirted higgins, it has a mounting flange and lack of paint indicating as such it'll get removed as it doesn't fit for now.
If in future the drive becomes an issue, this would make an awsome kustom I would relocate the bottom tube slightly above the bottom loop that is the down tube and seat tube in one..
Sure for a stick set up its strange... But I'm very happy with it, look forward assemble it to a roller for now.
IMG_20161109_140546.jpg
IMG_20161109_140620.jpg
It's a cool bike, can also make a very rad custom very easy... Who knows...

Super awesome... So FedEx first tried state packages all delivered. Driver told me himself one was not loaded today... We're to arrive today, so shipping will be refunded, bike flights has suggested they would refund the one package, I made clear 2 boxes shipped together, one made it, dose not make a bike or delivery compleat. She didn't have mutch response to that a very valid statement per there terms.

DISPITE being run around by FedEx then guaranteed that would deliver it today...
Bike flights refused to first let me explain the situation.

After being told everything's fine and straight... I finally was able to clarify indeed it was not and that not only was a box missing the claimed damaged one is in my possession. They had contacted Kirk advising him of possible damage, 2hours after my contact w FedEx.
Fed ex is claiming the damaged box is the tracking number of one in my possession.
So I literally have been told the box I have is in route, the other damaged one is missing, is delivered.

Bike flights states that will reimburse all but insurance value.

If using bike flights, IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE SURE SHARE ORDER NUMBER WITH RECEIVER AS THATS HOW BIKE FLIGHTS TRACKS. ALSO IF BUYER IS WILLING INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION.
I'm not sure what to do, fed ex stated it would be delivered today... Bike flights made clear will not.

Was looking forward to receiving 2 from @kirk today, but unfortunately do to FedEx, I won't be.

Prolly most annoyed because @kirk really padded the boxes. Fed ex claimed it was damaged destroyed to bike flights, hen changed mind said it is not damaged.

Whatever, I'm expecting a mess unfortunately, not do to @kirk or bike flights. I will update tomorrow and share what my experiance of the process is like.

I do hope they facilitate and find resolution.

Fed ex states it will deliver tomorrow and sender should be entitled to refund... In this case its bike flights, so I do hope that is maintained.
There was a little damage to the looptail, but all in all im OK with it. Lost few spokes, but not due to packing or sellers care.
Tonight's going be no sleep dreading what I receive tomorrow.

1478735939324165790729.jpg
here is damage to Kirk box... This is box fed ex claims not delivered...
The damage as far I can tell is some spokes bent on nibble busted out, and fender braces were tweaked, a little in the fenders. If @kirk had not packed it as he had, I'm sure I'd have had bigger issues.

Good! I got to see that Stelber bottom bracket close up. Different but doesn't look too rugged, I wouldn't stand on the pedals and go all out on that setup unless I was wearing a cup. :13:
Looks like it will take a 3 inch tire though, should be a great looking bike when you're done.

For @Wildcat
$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG
stelber???
1478754220795-735035299.jpg

Not same hole locations but has same profile burned into paint....
The cranks... Well.. yeah interesting, defiantly can not pull crank apart.... I'm scared open it but will soon I'm sure..
I made a video of the cranks... Can't deal with upload...
1478754614489306340254.jpg
1478754726831-1708465906.jpg
They are interesting.. I'm not messing with it... The crank and wheel are one unit.. bearings can't be removed... Unless loose in the races in the clamshell.... Maybe that hole on top is to put extra bearings in as u go... Who knows... I saw the crimping on the one side of the crank looked at other..wheel is welded to crank...
It's weird.

Good! I got to see that Stelber bottom bracket close up. Different but doesn't look too rugged, I wouldn't stand on the pedals and go all out on that setup unless I was wearing a cup. :13:
Looks like it will take a 3 inch tire though, should be a great looking bike when you're done.
It'll comfortably sit a 3" it's a cool design.. executed interestingly... I'm really not seeing the manufacturing benefit be interesting learn why. Like defiantly not mutch less welding, have add fab for the cranks. Not sure the "looptail" is actually one piece or seamed at the rear.. maybe was ahead of its time... Defiantly still is... I'm not ready to touch it.

Have a shifter and a kickback 24"*3" built by @ind-chuckz so looks like a custom it is....

Last edited:
I hope it all works out ok. I will be on them today. Thanks for the pics I always wonder what the box looks like after a long trip like that. I always work with the buyer after the sale if there is a problem. Just let me know about the spokes and nips I will send you some new one's if you need. Thanks again great site.
Kirk

I hope it all works out ok. I will be on them today. Thanks for the pics I always wonder what the box looks like after a long trip like that. I always work with the buyer after the sale if there is a problem. Just let me know about the spokes and nips I will send you some new one's if you need. Thanks again great site.
Kirk
Class act... Honestly I almost didn't notice it, the other I recived yesterday made it well... This one tumbled i think... We can chat, i think bike flights will be good with both of us... The representative could see we both are customers who use the service.... Alot.
Let's wait till second arrives, hey at least we get a free ride next round :)

20161110_131258.jpg
20161110_131321.jpg
20161110_132142.jpg

Owieeeeeeeeeeeee
Again, not for @kirk packimg id be at a loss. He happened to secure the smalls in a big block of foam... be advised fed ex pulled this the, selves as damaged db then desided it was fine...
Can see how hard it tossed things aroumd... the amount of paint on the carton is foul.
Uckily it was for me and the other unidentified bike. So no heartattch yet.
I will be ordering more today from@kirk so get in before I get em all.
I a, very y excited for this project... has a gorgeous elgin finned hub and got an amazingly clean pair of goodyears on it.
I can not state eniugh how hapoy I am with kir and hw he deals. I hope we get to keep doing buissness.
20161110_132314.jpg
20161110_132339.jpg
sorry for images, tried with my tablet as I waiting call back from bike flights regaurd damages and refunds...
I expect them to cover the two that shipped together, thats fair by their ow terms. If they follow through id say is a good custoer support and service.

1478815085613828588476.jpg
1478815120053-1394939873.jpg
paint rubbed off on carton..
Also for sure lost a fender.

Bike flights has not responded today.
Left a message almost an hour ago...
Sure they are looking forward to hear from me..
But I'm not asking for anything they don't offer

View attachment 37947 View attachment 37948 paint rubbed off on carton..
Also for sure lost a fender.

Bike flights has not responded today.
Left a message almost an hour ago...
Sure they are looking forward to hear from me..
But I'm not asking for anything they don't offer
Bike flights did respond, I've been busy helping a friend fix his shop door so can close.
I mentioned resolution in the bikeflights.com tips thread.
I will say, yeah I had wait hour and a bit, but service was agreeable friendly and with intent to be able continue work together...
I have to give them and A for customer service.. I still have tremors from my last ups bending.....
I will defiantly recommend,but maybe with some amended advice

Nice to see how it works ... not sure if I would have the bottom bracket to try it !!!!

Nice to see how it works ... not sure if I would have the bottom bracket to try it !!!!
Haha.. I dunno got my clipper and Columbia today.. in my nice surprise thread... I'm kind of surprised a chain stay is attached like that on the Columbia...
Lucky I'm flatlander and lazy so stand up peddling is not my thing

Latest posts

Back