I'm Travis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello my name is Travis I'm from astoria oregon and this is the start of my build on my blue bike.

IMG_20160721_222528_zpsac6jevkl.jpg

i would like to lower it a little, get a layback seatpost, make it multi geared with hopefully drum brakes. not sure if i want to do fenders yet or not but we'll cross that bridge when i get there. i may go with a super short fender.

897aaa93ca763f11002a3746d549aa76.jpg

A quick update on my build progress. Eventually it will get a custom lay back seatpost and probably be lowered a little bit and a short crank put on.
As Luke mentioned, contact @slowriderz , Chad, a member on here. You can use the Conversations tab and start one with Chad. Type in his username and go! I have used his seatposts on 5 builds so far, love em!

I've got a welder buddy that said he'd help me build one. I want a flat one that basically makes it look like there's no post.

welcome travis looks like your off to an amazing build you great taste in bikes! you re definitely in the right place we love all builds and I am sure I speak for a lot of others but these cruisers are especially favorable amongst us I would definitely talk to slowriders aka chad about the seatpost he does great work and is very reasonable on prices he can make on to exact fit for your liking might even be bale to build that one you want he's very talented and a great guy to deal with keep us posted o your build also I don't know if it was mentioned but you could start a build thread for your build if you want to so we can see your artwork come to life click forums and click builds and create new thread and jut rite about your build what you want to do what is done and anything else you may want to discuss also you can post pics thru the forum as well you are now part of an amazing site with a lot of very talented and knowledgeable builders who can help you with any problems you may have.

welcome travis looks like your off to an amazing build you great taste in bikes! you re definitely in the right place we love all builds and I am sure I speak for a lot of others but these cruisers are especially favorable amongst us I would definitely talk to slowriders aka chad about the seatpost he does great work and is very reasonable on prices he can make on to exact fit for your liking might even be bale to build that one you want he's very talented and a great guy to deal with keep us posted o your build also I don't know if it was mentioned but you could start a build thread for your build if you want to so we can see your artwork come to life click forums and click builds and create new thread and jut rite about your build what you want to do what is done and anything else you may want to discuss also you can post pics thru the forum as well you are now part of an amazing site with a lot of very talented and knowledgeable builders who can help you with any problems you may have.
Thanks for the welcome. I think I will hit him up once I get home today. I did start a build thread for my other bike. It's a western flyer. Unsure of the year and model though.

Latest posts

Back