I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bmxsociety show and swap was pretty epic yesterday. Amongst the sensory overload I was able to find a few small parts I’m stoked came home with me.

E16D84B2-96A3-4717-AD9F-837976B27D69.jpeg

NOS red shimano hub for the wheels I just picked up the day prior, Bendix 76 drilled for 12g holes to finally lace a Araya with 12g holes I've been hoarding for over a year now, some seatpost is 13/16'' and a 1'', bb, chainrings, etc.

image1.jpeg

And a 24'' '62 Schwinn Typhhon frame/fork. Not original paint (as they only came in red and black) but an old repaint that has a good character to it. I've been lightly lookin for a 24'' schwinn frame. Stoked it happened to be a double straight bar!

I forgot to post a few things in the last few weeks. I picked up this Raleigh fixed gear. This is the ‘after’ pic. Forgot to take a ‘before’. It was basket case. I replaced the axle in the rear wheel, bottom bracket bolts, tires, pedals, and handle bars.
BCB2367F-96E7-43FD-B7C1-3CC3F4278636.jpeg

Picked up this 1983 Peugeot Pipeline. Rad chrome cruiser with some nice bits on it. Stoked on the Araya 7x wheels. 5 hours round trip drive, but worth it for the price.
C28AA907-4DD6-4F69-9CE7-46AD342DB128.jpeg

Bought this frame set to build the Mrs a bike. 1981 Schwinn cruiser 5 in chestnut. One year only color for this model. Thanks again to my buddy @Danny the schwinn freak for this one. Stoked to build it up!

BBBA53D9-591C-43D2-861D-E064465195A1.jpeg

Coincidentally, the day after I started mocking this up, a friend calls and says he has something for me-

96497662-529E-4B82-B24F-0ECD9D913D13.jpeg

Another ‘81 cruiser 5! He’s the original owner and it’s been a beach bike all it’s life. It’s pretty rough, but I’m gonna see what I can do to get it rollin again. Part of me wants to OA bath the frame and go full custom, the other part wants to clean and re-grease and gettin rollin all crusty. We’ll see.

And somewhere in between that, a ‘81 Kos Kruiser... team stamped BB...

View attachment 102024
:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::thumbsup:

I screwed up a couple years ago and let one slide through my fingers not because the price was bad...it wasn't...because he didn't come down far enough for my ego. I thought for sure he would call a couple days later after I stepped away from the deal. He didn't.

Fortunately, it wasn't as nice as yours...because then I'd really be hating myself :grin:.

Very cool.

:rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::thumbsup:

I screwed up a couple years ago and let one slide through my fingers not because the price was bad...it wasn't...because he didn't come down far enough for my ego. I thought for sure he would call a couple days later after I stepped away from the deal. He didn't.

Fortunately, it wasn't as nice as yours...because then I'd really be hating myself :grin:.

Very cool.
I knew if I didn't take the opportunity while it presented itself I'd regret it. I'd been wanting one for quite some time. The call came, and I knew I had to answer. I changed a few things from purchase to this pic, but not much. Not having the Kos bars and Mongoose gold stem helped the price point for sure. I'll slowly search those out.

That looks like a huge purchase and/or a huge score to me.... :13:
Very nice!
A little of both :21: I got it from a friend and the price was very reasonable (at least to me). As I go deeper down the rabbit hole, I'm aiming for more killer, less filler. Hard part is, I love to build, so I love to have a ton of filler around. Slowly selling it off though to fund purchases like these. Feels good to knock a bike off my most wanted list.

I knew if I didn't take the opportunity while it presented itself I'd regret it. I'd been wanting one for quite some time. The call came, and I knew I had to answer. I changed a few things from purchase to this pic, but not much. Not having the Kos bars and Mongoose gold stem helped the price point for sure. I'll slowly search those out.

DCS.jpg

Well ...., I might have a Mongoose double clamp stem that I was contemplating putting out on the web fo sale. Faded gold stem. DM me if you're interested.

As I go deeper down the rabbit hole, I'm aiming for more killer, less filler.
Sounds like a plan.
Only thing I've bought in the last few months that I really wanted to build was an old Kona AA that I want to turn into an SS BMX cruiser. The rest were just for parts.
But even when I have too many that need to go, it's hard to pass up a decent
bike for twenty bucks. Although the pedals are nothing to write home about.
20190816_143703.jpg
Another ss conversion to be, but too small for me.

Not the freshest of finds, but I finally brought it home. (Purchased in January, didn’t have room for it, so it sat at work gettin lunch time rides)

2018 SE Big Ripper.

549CF9F0-F8C1-4D80-A8F1-5F75D1513D2E.jpeg

Usually don’t go for newer bikes, but for the price, I couldn’t resist!

(Sprocket and stickers have been switched from stock)

Latest posts

Back