I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up this cruiser today. Unknown looptail chrome frame, I believe red menace fork, Santa Barbara Cruiser bars, suntour stem, sun wheels (stamped 79 and 83), kkt lightning pedals, and maxy cross cranks on a sealed bb-

0A56031B-E059-4441-82C3-6829CEE1FA19.jpeg

While I was there, the awesome seller pulled out some other offerthings-
C7C4DDE4-029C-4F15-9018-4CD1B7E57E9C.jpeg

Blue Ukai wheel, 26” ‘bmx’ forks, santa barbar Cruiser bars, dia comp brake (stamped ‘81), a brooks b72, Schwinn chain guard, and Schwinn S7 tractor tires!

Today was a good day!

Picked up this cruiser today. Unknown looptail chrome frame, I believe red menace fork, Santa Barbara Cruiser bars, suntour stem, sun wheels (stamped 79 and 83), kkt lightning pedals, and maxy cross cranks on a sealed bb-

View attachment 92037

While I was there, the awesome seller pulled out some other offerthings-
View attachment 92038
Blue Ukai wheel, 26” ‘bmx’ forks, santa barbar Cruiser bars, dia comp brake (stamped ‘81), a brooks b72, Schwinn chain guard, and Schwinn S7 tractor tires!

Today was a good day!
Fantastic haul!

I was outta town for work for four days, and was getting anxious I’d miss some scores. I’m very fortunate to have some awesome friends who know what I like..
While I was on the east coast I got a text that something was waiting for me when I got home-

5C332B64-28BD-42B5-B7D1-F63A9A0BF54E.jpeg

It’s hideous, right? An obvious product of the early 2000’s single speed craze..
However, it’s a full chromo Schwinn super sport frame, with a double clamp stem.
Also happens to have a Pro neck chain ring-
5CF2CA2D-1F58-48EE-A246-6869E5155B37.jpeg

And the reason I was told about it to begin with, and bought it, Araya 7x wheels laced to.... first gen sunshine sealed hubs.
2B4F57D8-17E2-4CD3-B1B6-F42F7B5F87D3.jpeg

So stoked! These wheels are just begging me to buy an epic project for them

I saw a 180 sugino on ebay yesterday...but, after my eyes lit up like saucers...I read, drive side only :doh:
‘Ol Long right leg Bill’s old cranks:giggle:

180’s are hard to come by. I settle for 170 frequently. I have a OPC sugino crank that’s a 178 that I was pretty stoked to acquire.
Only 180’s I have are the race faces on my Kona unit, and some mid school haro’s i’ve Been hoarding for the right build.
That unknown chrome looptail a few post back has a super high bb. I’m hoping to score a 180 OPC for it eventually, but the haro cranks may land on it for a bit.

View attachment 92037

Did you ever figure out what this frame was?

Ashtabula stem!
I thought so too, believe the stem was just painted black at some point though. Still a cool survivor. I believe I’m the third owner, and the second just received it for free a few days prior.

Did you ever figure out what this frame was?
I haven’t for certain. Although I’m leaning towards Cyclepro, or possibly out of the same factory. I suspect so because the welds are almost spot on, as is the front triangle’s shape/geo to the few Cyclepro custom 5’s I’ve had. A company called West Coast Cycle was a major importer of bikes from the Kawamura Cycle Co factory in Japan and later Giant in Taiwan, to California. Their brands included Nishiki, Azuki, American Eagle, and Cyclepro. I see a ton of these brands from the time period (70s-80s) out here.
Although, I have yet to see another looptail example. So, who knows at this point.

I haven’t for certain. Although I’m leaning towards Cyclepro, or possibly out of the same factory. I suspect so because the welds are almost spot on, as is the front triangle’s shape/geo to the few Cyclepro custom 5’s I’ve had. A company called West Coast Cycle was a major importer of bikes from the Kawamura Cycle Co factory in Japan and later Giant in Taiwan, to California. Their brands included Nishiki, Azuki, American Eagle, and Cyclepro. I see a ton of these brands from the time period (70s-80s) out here.
Although, I have yet to see another looptail example. So, who knows at this point.

I kind of thought CyclePro too

Falcon?

Anyway, I like it! I'd rock that thing all day and twice on Sundays

Latest posts

Back