I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I purchased this on eBay earlier this month. The seller wasn’t willing to ship. But lucky for me, my brother lived about 45 mins away from where the bike was located. Also lucky for me, not shipping scared off potential bidders, and aloud me a decent price on a rare bike. After a bit of a wait on shipping, it’s finally here.

1963 Schwinn King Size American.

4FBCFB92-070F-4A79-B0EA-D5F04851FA34.jpeg

Being 6’1”, a taller bike has it’s obvious appeal. Can’t wait to tear down and overhaul this one!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe I should start adding the ‘smalls’ I pick up here too?

Nah , that's ok .:headbang:[/QUOTE]
But the smalls are all for long term builds I’m doin...
Like I finally found grips for my Laguna this week!
CC5F25FE-3536-431D-B051-3AA486DC029F.jpeg

And today was quite a good day. Got the forks and crank I need for the prewar bf Goodrich frame I picked up a few weeks back. And they happen to be attached to a new project, prewar dx with the tank. As well as other stuff I usually wouldn’t post, but got just ‘cause
AB0936C3-87BA-47A1-B3A1-F089466FBC1B.jpeg

Cool stuff brother! Keep it coming... :thumbsup:
Thanks Robert! I keep far more then I post. This is my ‘problem’
Didn't even know that Laguna made grips.
From what comes to mind, they came on the deluxe cruiser. Possibly their stock 20’s at the time too. This is the only pair I’ve seen pop up since I got my Laguna last summer.
A buddy picked up a complete survivor cruiser and it had a pair on it. That was only the second pair I’d seen

Few things showed up the last few days.

3D442ED5-8F42-4BB4-BE15-074C3B430DB0.jpeg

Leather tool bag, some seatpost clamps, gold sugino super maxys with the American to euro bb, new departure, and Schwinn script front hubs.

I got the cranks for my Laguna, but the color isn’t quite as rich as I’d hoped for. All good tho. Will be nice to have em in ‘inventory’

Last edited:
Score! How long are the super maxys? Looks like you got yourself an older odyssey seat clamp as well :thumbsup:

Jason
Thanks Jason. The maxy’s are 170. I wish I could find 175’s. But of the four pairs I have, all are 170.
I thought odyssey clamp too. The seller said Excalibur. The holes look to be ‘custom’, haha

Dig those cable hangers. Kinda look like a Funky Monkey?
Thanks. They definitely reminded me of the Paul hangers too. They were listed as home made. I have a buddy that has a early 2000s SE that’s running v brakes that he wants to put cantilevers on. I got both for 99cents. Figure it was worth grabbing em

Last edited:
Back