I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found another cool survivor. Dec of ‘80 Schwinn. In the early 80s someone brazed canti bosses on the rear, pretty cool. Great parts throughout. Tange fork, Araya wheels laced to Miche hubs, race inc 13/16 seatpost, sr seatpost clamp, diamondback stamped bars, kkt pedals. Stoked on this one.

D41EF633-DB73-4839-B194-C819A498C957.jpeg

A84B7E38-BD5D-4287-BE20-F549D1CFFE06.jpeg

Slow it down a bit... you are causing me sensory overload :doh:.

Coooool ride :cool2:!
:happy: Thanks man. Yea, it’s been good lately! I’m pretty stoked on this ‘80. I’m usually not one for repainted, but the Canti bosses on this are too cool. I believe it’s spread for a 5 speed, so I may go that route. Already picked two cantilever frames/completes I’ll sell to have room to keep it

Those cantis are boss! What kind are they? Patina and finish looks so good it'd almost be a shame to clean them up. And the Tange! Chrome! Magnificent!
The brakes are dia compe, with kool stop pads. There’s a little paint over spray throughout that is like to get off, but otherwise I agree. Going to keep the paint as is, but prob swap almost everything

Grabbed this one for some of the parts. Tange fork, Dia Compe seatpost clamp, sugino bmx spider with suntour chainwheel, later stingray bars, Onza porcupine tires, and a 13/16 fluted Seatpost.

5A8A195D-5FC3-4603-ADC5-F69DBB6D7EBA.jpeg

it’s a bummer that these Taiwan made Schwinns have a shorter headtube. So the steerer on the fork is about a 1/2 inch too short for an American made Schwinn. But will fit my Emory just fine.

Forgot to add a few things from this month here. Picked up these 3 the 3rd week I was off work from quarantine with aims to fix up and resell. But luckily got called back to work. Sold them as a package deal to a nice family that wanted a group project.

45688887-9873-410F-8569-BE10755A71D9.jpeg

Also this month, got to check off one very high on the wanted list. ‘81 Schwinn King Sting, single speed version. So stoked!

EFCB0D53-9033-41C2-AC27-457081A36C6B.jpeg

the seattube has been repaired, and it has been painted, but that’s fine with me. Can’t wait to build and ride it!!

Latest posts

Back