If you polish, it will shine!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a pic of this in fresh finds last week. It had been sprayed with chrome paint over the original chrome :x . With a lot of rubbing (for some reason paint thinner wouldnt cut it :? ) here it is. I used almost a whole pack of steel wool on this baby. 8) The first pic is as found, the rest are the progression.
Picture41072.jpg

picture5015.jpg

picture5017.jpg

picture5029.jpg

picture5035.jpg

picture5036.jpg

carolina rat said:
Yes it was chrome at one time. I will see if I can get you a pic of it up close. I am still not sure what kind of bike it is.

That would be great! I'm not sure what kind it is either but I am sure someone on here will know.

No way! That can't be the same bike. I gotta give you credit dude. That's amazingly cool looking. I want one of those now.

All I need now is some decals, Thought about doing some off the home printer, I have seen a post on here before about them. Does anyone know of a company that sells reproduction decals for bikes?

Nice job shining that thing up! Just one question.........Can ya help a brother out?
001-2.jpg

KOTA said:
Nice job shining that thing up! Just one question.........Can ya help a brother out?
001-2.jpg
Yeh wear gloves while polishing that much, as the wool is rubbing away paint, it is also rubbing away skin tooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . I dont complain much but my hands hurt!!!!! Wish mine had the springer like that one!

Very nice I do believe that is a sears spaceliner dont quote me Im a Schwinn guy but Ive seen a few of em at shows. Repop decals can be found at maple island bikes or blue moon cycles in ILLINOIS :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back