If you had $100,000 what would you drive?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Hearse!
4555887629_8d1013efe9_z.jpg

I'd prolly have to buy my old truck back. 1972 Chevy Cheyenne was kinda forced to sell it a year ago when we were moving and sold our house but hadn't found a new one yet. Had no place to store it and winter was fast approaching. Beverly wasnt gonna sit outside so she had to go. Spent 18 months of my life restoring this truck with my dad and loved every minute of it. I only got to spend a summer with her, but i will build another one someday...

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_0669rt-1.jpg

On the plus side after moving and waiting for the right deal to come by, with the help of my father (skills) and uncle (funding), I was able to buy a 1957 Chevy 210. This is a project that will be built to sell to raise money for a shop that we can work from ourselves. Car was restored around 2000 and was wrecked 2 times maybe 3 since then, the last one in 2008 will hopefully be the end of her suffering (owner was drunk while driveing it). Has a 1996 camaro lt1 and 4L60E automatic overdrive transmission, so its a resto mod. Plans are air bags, she will be sitting on the frame.

57CHEVY.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Wheels we bought for it, color we believe is Ford Boysenberry Blue, essentially midnight blue. Will stay the same color without the flames. Will get a white top and white in between the 1/4 panel moldings.

IMG_1244.jpg

Enjoy, Jon

It would be a toss up for me, I really want my old '72 Chevy truck that I owned in high school back. I poured every cent I had into it. It wasn't a Cheyenne Super or anything really special, just a Custom Deluxe with the Highlanger package. It had a killer 350 in it, well killer for a kid in the late 90's, it out ran all the 5.0 Stangs at my school. I really wish I could find some pictures of it, but I've moved several times and they are lost for now. The funny part is I've owned a ton of cars in my life, north of 75 at only age 31, and I've owned, faster, nicer, and more desireable vehicles than that, I guess I'm just sentimental

Or, the car of my dreams, I want a '55 Chevy 210 2 door post or 2 door handy man wagon, still a sentimental choice as my dad owned both when I was a kid, would be a toss up between to build it gasser style, nose high, straight axle, with a cross ram equipped small block, and a 4 speed or do it modern and far more driveable with an LS motor and a 6 speed. I keep telling my wife that when she graduates with her PhD that I'm buying one for me for a graduation gift :wink: we'll see how that goes, thankfully she loves cars too

Mopar powered something.

Old Dodge Power Wagon with modern Cummins.

Power_Wagon_115.jpg

Or a rat rod with an early Hemi.

1932_ford_5-window_coupe_-_chopped_rat_rod_-_hemi_powered_-_fvr.jpg

Here in Kokomo there are 2 of those fastback mustangs for sale within walking distance of my house, one's a '67 the other is a '68, The '67 I know he wants $2,000 for but it's rotted out BAD, Other I'd have to check on but looks nice.

Id buy a 1970s Trams Am, that's it, not to fancy. I used to want a Lambo till I saw them in person, bad body work and they break down often enough.

I've posted a few ideas here but the truth be told, I'd probably drive a custom '68 Cadillac Coupe, with the optional front discs and dual pipes, and spend the rest on petroleum products and other expendables.

5444375957_56bcde3348_z.jpg

Jimmy the Gent said:
A few more from my list:
1969HurstOlds_002.jpg

Going to make you guys sick, spent a year rebuilding the motor and trans out of one of these beasts in 1984 with my Dad.
First month of school I got in a fight, with 2 school bullies, I was the meanest dog. Month later I did a burnout at a football game, people went to the hospital for smoke inhalation, I was suspended, arrested, and my car gone when I walked home. I graduated in 1986, guess how I got to school the next 2 years!!!!

Here's what I'd drive, more, sorry for the terrible picture, all I have on Bucket.

Only the cash would help me upgrade to that T-56 transmission, maybe step up to a rollbar....

(First of all, I apologize but I skipped the middle 11 pages of this topic, so if someone's already said something like what I'm going to type...sorry.)

So when I was a kid, and a teenager, I hung on every word of every car magazine I could get my hands on, and I knew, KNEW, that if I ever hit the big time, I was going to bathe myself in super-....... cars. I debated whether I'd get the Ferrari Testarossa, the Lamborghini Countach or the Lotus Esprit...or all 3. I know, I'm dating myself with the models there but replace with Italia, Gallardo or whatever's current. :) My son, who just turned 13, is the same way.

So nobody's more surprised than myself that when I got older (like...now) I actually don't even *want* a super-expensive hypercar. Down here in Tampa, I see Lamborghinis on the road about a half-dozen times per year, and supercars combined (Lambo's, Aston's, Ferrari's, Audi R8's, etc) probably one per month -- and it's invariably beetling along at 14mph behind the Camry in front of it...just like I am...just like all the other cars in traffic. Doesn't matter how fast my car can go...I can't drive it any faster than the texting mom in front of me. So why would I pay $100k for the same experience I've got for $2,500 in my crappy Thunderbird? :roll:

To answer the original question -- what would I drive for $100,000? Answer 1: I would like a Ferrari 308...from 1985...for about $35,000, and the rest to pay for some family needs. Answer 2, and probably the real answer: Whatever current new econobox I can get for about $15,000 that will provide me a decently zippy experience, and about 40mpg, with no repairs for several years -- tossup between a Ford Fiesta, Chevy Sonic Hyundai Accent or Kia Rio. And the rest to pay for those pesky family needs.

I'm pretty sure that 16-year-old me just kicked present-day me square in the jimmies. :shock:

Latest posts

Back