"I WISH YOU SOLD ________"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would be most interested in buying...

• Custom Frame ($150 - $200 Range)

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Custom Fork

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Handlebars

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Pedals

• Chainring

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Stem

• Headbadge

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Seat

• Fenders

• Grips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tool Kit

• Total voters
I want handlebar mounted drink holders. A black one with an RRB insignia that says, "hold my beer and watch this". And a red jeweled one that says, "Rat Rod Babe".
I can wait until Monday for them.....just tell me where to $ paypal.

Ha Ha...you've been watching the RRB Facebook posts too much. :21:

Great ideas though. ;)

Yeah, I'm full of them......or full of it.....I can't remember which (but my wife can tell you).

You want another really great idea? PLEASE corner the market on this, make some 26" X 2 1/8" or 26" X 2 1/4" tires to fit on S-7 rims already! 571mm

Last edited:
RRB should buy out Jerald's supply chain and manufacturing for their slicks, and add the 20" slick to the stock as well.

And whitewall, and raised white letter, and redline, etc. etc. AND CROSSED FLAG TREAD SLICKS!! :cool2:

Last edited:
I think a headbadge would be good bang for your buck as far as the site goes, little material storage or handling, especially if it can be shipped flat and custom shaped by the end user.

Agree on the sprockets. I am looking into making a few of my own for projects I am working on myself. I'd also personally love it if someone would sell some decent beehive style springers (like the Higgins Colorflow had). Also gum style tires, like some of the pre-war cruisers had on them. Not gumwall, but completely gum style. Prefer a pattern like the Schwinn brick or better yet Carlisle Lightning dart pattern.

I would really like to see a straight bar cantilever frame and a nice diamond Roadster frame made of good old Hi ten steel with onepiece crank for around 125.00...asking a lot,but it would be great...

I believe a reproduction tire of a classic tread would be the most needed item on the market. I love all the old balloon tires but unfortunately they aren't practice to use on a rider.

I know there's a guy who reproduced the chain tread tires and he's having success with that.

This is an idea me and Justin at Porkchop Bmx have talked about for years but I don't have the time to get that process started and he doesn't have the "Fat Tire" customers to make that work fork for him.

Also there are several members here who mass produce parts like reproduction grips, custom bars, repop seats, laid back seat post and R-man tanks! Maybe help them get some "retail space".

I'd like to see more BIG bikes. Bikes like the 32" Genesis cruiser, the Beast or the Dolomite, but what would be best of all in my oppinion would be to combine them. Just imagine a 32" or a 36" fat bike. That would be a bike that would just roll up flights of stairs and over obstacles. I know that the angle of attack can make a major difference in loose or soft mediums too.

I'd really like to see Mongoose or Walmart or a similar business produce it too. Companies like Surly and Salsa produce great bikes, but I'd like to see something affordable.

Also there are several members here who mass produce parts like reproduction grips, custom bars, repop seats, laid back seat post and R-man tanks! Maybe help them get some "retail space".

Good idea. I like the concept of a retail section, separate from the for sale section. This would be only for those members who are mass producing (or close to it) or selling new parts. The grips, the seats, the head badges, the tanks, and Chimi's stuff, just to name a few. that would make it convenient to search them out from the general people just selling NOS or used parts.

I'm on board with tires too, Especially a big slik with raised white letters. :) A frame would be nice... Schwinn DX style with the pre-war geometry and bottom bracket height. Produce it in 3 sizes. 18" , 20" and 22". May as well offer it with a couple dropout spacing widths too. One for single speed/coaster brake and a wider spacing for multi-speed.

Tires are the one thing builders can't make in the garage. I think it would be cool to see a 24x3 slik tire, that looked like the ones on old banana seat bikes. flat with no tread at all, just bigger. Everyone is making handlebars now, and you can get em made to your design even. I don't know how much call there is for expensive new forks. I think some of the new wide triple trees they make for offroad fat bikes could be cool for modification. Somebody is making a really wide monark looking springer for fat tires, but the price is really up there. Leaf spring forks are cool, maybe kits to make them instead of selling them all together. People still love doing as much as they can themselves. I think good inner tubes are hard to get! And nice fenders are hard to find as well.

I see a market for tanks and fenders and racks. Especially for the straight bar Schwinns. The tires are a good idea too. Skip tooth chain and reflectorless pedals with metal and not plastic. The early drop center style rims along with real S-2 style rims would be great also.

How about another "Old Bikes Rule" t-shirt and sticker?

I'd argue what is REALLY needed is an outlet for 3-D printed reproduction plastic parts, like lenses, bezels, and the like. I don't see anything else on the poll that isn't readily available elsewhere.

I see a market for tanks and fenders and racks. Especially for the straight bar Schwinns. The tires are a good idea too. Skip tooth chain and reflectorless pedals with metal and not plastic. The early drop center style rims along with real S-2 style rims would be great also.

Yes to skiptooth chain! I grumble about that all the time, so I'm surprised I didn't think of it.

Latest posts

Back