"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a light mod ala kev
I used a vintage backup light I got off ebay and added an led flashlight
I epoxied the light to the glass and soldered wires to it the battery pack and switch
soldering with Parkinson's disease is a monumental task lol
the shakes make it a scary deal my boss was surprised I got it done he was watching me I keep pretty good humor about myself and my issues so we had a ball soldering this. I told him I would stop out and fix all his electronics at home too and he said ummm nope lol
P3070057.jpg

P3070058.jpg

P3070059.jpg

P3070061.jpg

P3070062.jpg

P3070063.jpg

P3070065.jpg

fattroy said:
How thick are your leafs on the springs and do you know what they are off of? Have you checked to see if any metal yards have any spring metal that is like 1/16" thick to make your own leafs? That would save weight plus be more functional. Just trying to throw some suggestions out there. I know how stiff those leaf springs are. Troy
they are off a small trailer and i did consider having some bent at the spring shop but noway could I get it as cheap
these arent that heavy when I said heavy before i just meant when its up high it makes a bike tippy on the kickstand the leaves are 3/16th thickso I think it will all be ok when i get them cut. my murray springer hasnt showed up yet and I am gonna wait til i have all the pieces b4 I begin on it
I am not real concerned about it being real stiff cuz it wont be any stiffer than no springer but if this idea works it might be a good idea for a future one... I want to make one with twin leafs in the back for suspension lol
sometimes my mind works better than my hands tho so time will tell
this is one custom made on Bike Rod and Kustom
http://mywilson.homestead.com/gallery129.html

coryer_indianscout.jpg

It's lookin great Hooch...

and The electrical work..very nice.
my hats off to you for percerviering throughout with
hampering conditions.

( I won't call it a dis-ability because for you
it's not..your ability is better than most of us! )

on that note..I bet you make a wicked Martini. :lol: :lol:

The Front suspension is beautiful..
I can't wait to see it done!

peace,
Kev.

fast eddie said:
that bike is gorgoues, if its not doin anything this weekend id like to buy it a drink!

---- i have to remember ---- its ok to love your bike, but its not ok to LOVE your bike!!! i hope that joke is not too off colour for everyone!

fast eddie outty
well Rosemary is her name and shes kinda busy this weekend in fab yet but after next week I think she will be ready to go :)

I have been looking at how to connect the spring eye to the front strut and been thinking i might have to build new struts to run a bolt thru and tonight I got home and was looking at it and the existing murray strut was the same size as the bushing hole but how can I get it in there with the curves ect and then it dawned on me to tap out the bushing and then cut it in half and tap the pieces back in after i slid the strut thru yippie it worked!! now all I have to do is make a plate tommorrow at work and drill it and the lower triple tree and the fork is done!! well if it will hold my fat .... that is lol
this was actually way easier than I thought it was going to be anyways
I might cut some more of the leaf off to ease the leverage it will make too
heres some more pics
P3090078.jpg

P3090080.jpg

P3090079.jpg

oh an on another note how many times in life do we have to drill something... holding it with visegrips so it catches and spins in our hands and cuts us all up before we learn not to do that again?
yes I did it again OUCH!!

hooch, that is just beautiful. good job man. I can only speak for myself, but i think we are all always searching for new front end suspension setups, and you have hit the nail on the head. that is pure sickness. I am jealous, and now searching for trailer leafs. awesome.

Well she sure is beautiful man! if i had the proper tools id make one of them springers, my uncles prob got leafs... Yeah nice bike.

yep gonna cut 2.5 inches of the spring off it will look abit sleeker and lessen the leverage havent decided but I might paint the whole fork black and then add the red fork darts that came in my stencil kit

Your Flippin brilliant the Flippin way the flip will flip out is
out of this flippin world.
I flip i could have flipped of that one for my rrbbo flip.

I will take what you flipped me and flip
it to one of my flippin builds in the flipture,
thanks a lot for figuring this out flip

see you on the flip side,

peace,
Flip

Hooch that is beautiful. And so simple. Please post detailed pics of all points. From what I see, building this from scratch might not be to hard. The bottom pivot looks to be the most crucial.

Clancy

Clothespin "n" said:
Your Flippin brilliant the Flippin way the flip will flip out is
out of this flippin world.
I flip i could have flipped of that one for my rrbbo flip.

I will take what you flipped me and flip
it to one of my flippin builds in the flipture,
thanks a lot for figuring this out flip

see you on the flip side,

peace,
Flip

WHAT THE FLIP?!

Latest posts

Back