"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one wheel done and hope to get the other done tonight and make the springer this week
wheel.jpg

got me a headlight..... an old glass lensed backup light i will convert to LED :)
and got messin with the seat and shifter I think I like it better flipped back and shifter hid more by the seat just wonder if it will withstain my large size lol
but I have been going to the gym 4 nights a week! and lost 20 lbs so far!
P3050038.jpg

P3050040.jpg

P3050043.jpg

ok after much internal debate with the multiple personalities within my mind I switched tires to brick red vintage looking tires after looking at tons of old board trackers almost all the pics I see have colored tires from the era
and I got my leaf spring today! so now all I need is a few more parts to arrive and see if I can make this springer!
I will detail the whole springer build (if it works) and add it to the how to section
but the second pic gives you a feel how it will look and by adding the missing pieces the front tire will move about 3 inches forward and 2 inches down making the clearance needed for the front tire
my basement lighting and the dark walls make these pics look much oranger than they are so when I take pics outside it should all look more natural

P3060053.jpg

fork.jpg

couldn't afford white tires like this :(

Elindian.jpg

those tires are perfect, and i like the reversed seat post to fit the shifter, and lengthen the stance of the rider. good idea.

The tires were a good call Hooch. The springer idea is cool too. You just going to use 1 leaf out of that spring? I like it!!! Troy

I am debating on how many to use I think it would look more correct with the 3 but even wit my fat .... thats way overkill lol and actually this short lil leaf spring is heavy it might make it to top heave for a kickstand so I wont really know til I put it together

lets see $1750 for this
new-fork-pic-05.jpg

or make my own with these pieces lol

36697279_o.jpg

cbeb_1_b.JPG

3654_1.JPG

How thick are your leafs on the springs and do you know what they are off of? Have you checked to see if any metal yards have any spring metal that is like 1/16" thick to make your own leafs? That would save weight plus be more functional. Just trying to throw some suggestions out there. I know how stiff those leaf springs are. Troy

Latest posts

Back