"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had some stem issues but we got them figured out now
went to a varsity stem to stretch it out and lower the bars
222.jpg

333.jpg

i am far from done and there are alot of great bikes being built
I just love doing this stuff I just wish we would get some relief from the cold
3 degrees now... I have a little shed and a heater but no lights in the shed and no windows but if I have to I will make it work
might take it to my buddys body shop to spray it too..... with a spray can he will get a kick out of that lol
need my wheels and tires to get here tho

Hooch this bike is turning out really cool!!! Can't beat the boardtrack look. Yes the temp. does suck it is very cold here too. Can't wait to see it done. Troy

The paint job will look great with the contrasting finishes between the flat and metallic

Nice

OMG I WANT THAT BIKE Haha i want 2 much... looks good man

ok let me start off by saying that my photoshop skills are terrible lol
but this is something I have been working on and acquiring parts to make
its an Indian style leaf spring springer,,,,
hopefully I can make it work ofcourse it wont be exactly like pictured but hopefully it looks correct for a board tracker :)
leaf1.jpg

solidleafer-large.jpg

I will be using the chrome triple tree fork as a base and build off of it with flat black pieces :)

I hope this works because i want to see it. Especially if you can retrofit an existing fork.

got my wheels today finally and of course they aren't as nice as I hoped the front has brake rub so i might pant them ala Clothespin "n"they came with whitewalls but i might put some real nice vintage blackwalls on them and the temperature is supposed to get to the 40s next week so I might finally get something done!

Hooch said:
got my wheels today finally and of course they aren't as nice as I hoped the front has brake rub so i might pant them ala Clothespin "n"they came with whitewalls but i might put some real nice vintage blackwalls on them and the temperature is supposed to get to the 40s next week so I might finally get something done!

good to hear your wheels came..but I am getting tired of all you guys complaining about temperature and painting..
what do you think your Kitchen's for....Geeez!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought I might try to modify the stock nexus shifter and attach it to the seatpost
6.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

man I cant wait to get my camera back
best buy sez its in transit...... they said it would be 2-3 weeks 7 weeks ago too lol

it will fit perfect on a standard seatpost but is loose on this old solid post and I like the laid back one so I might have to make a spacer to put on the tube to clamp it too
and I will paint the shifter black so it all blends in

I dont know if that shifter idea will work with what I plan
I added a fresh DD purchase and laid her all the way back and will add seat strut rods to the back so i can get the seat back and low like a true board tracker
2987.jpg

2257.jpg

maybe I should just put on a set of regular coaster wheels to eliminate the shifter hmmmmmm lol

Latest posts

Back