"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully this will look cool on the bike :)
8cfa_1.JPG

I am glad you showed the infamous "locojoe" method of lowering the bike.(Strap pull) and the muffler is out of this world.

aka_locojoe said:
Maybe the crank off a 24" bike?

After saying that I don't know what length crank arms are on a 24". I found a crank that I thought might have been a little longer than what's on a 20" but after measuring and comparing it to what's on my Stingray I see it's the same.
The arm length is about 6".

I have this fork coming and its 2 inches longer supposedly so I will see how it all looks together the way my adult attention deficit disorder works it will change about 20 times before its done lol
3654_1.JPG

upon washing the frame at the car wash i got some it down to original paint and wow this bike was so cool when it was new it was black with blue spears coming off the head tube and this cool diamond on the seat tube. and I could faintly see it had "The World Deluxe" in script on the lower tube
paint.jpg

so ofcourse my color plan changed lol this bike will be black with blue yet again!

I switched handle bars the same shape but cut down to where the length is just as long as the grip now :) much better now my only concern is the stem.I was told I didnt need a modern threadless stem with this fork but I think I do so it all stays tight. hopefully my different wheels will be here today so I can see what issues they cause
then I can mock up a bobbed fender
see if I can get this look
Elindian.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

back to the webcam for a few days but I found a vintage L seatpost that fit and early seat which I might have my coworkers wife tuck-n-roll a new cover for and some white and red jeweled pedals :)
still contemplating the shifter for the nexus hub hmmmm
and it needs a big ole light in between the fork tubes
oh and in 20 mins work today I bled twice! so this thing truly will be built on blood sweat and tears! lol

Latest posts

Back