I.N.B... DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: INBetweener ... test ride!!

got some time today to work on it and got to ride it around the block a few times.. :mrgreen: I am finally startin to like it enough to get my .... out in the garage and work on it.. :roll:

DSC03811.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03812.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

HEY DON'T USE THOSE BARS!! :( I'M LOOKING FOR THEM FOR MY BUILD!! :wink: LOL NICE BIKE BUDDY. KEEP IT UP. PEACE

I noticed the awesome rake right away too.

I happen to like the first bars because I like riding my bike that way.

The second bars give it a very different look.

Build it so you can ride it. :D

Sweet clean ride! I also like the rusted up Spaceliner in your shop.

Keep the first set of bars; remind me of cafe racer clip-on bars. Love the overall style.

Re: INBetweener ... not fishing!!

well.. its been real hard not to roll the boat and go fishing whenever I get free time, but I gotta work tonight so I spent some time tody goofing with the bike.. I was riding it all last week swapping around bar config's and heres where it sits...

IMG_20110716_152740.jpg

it rides best like this, but I still dont like the look, I am gonna flip the stem and see if I like it any better, or I may still try and do something with the pull back bars..
Anyway.. I got a super cool chaingaurd from beatcad, and shot some FB around the old striping and slapped it on.

IMG_20110716_152700.jpg

and started working on the headlight mount... :

IMG_20110716_152714.jpg

I'm having a hard time finding a headlight I like and desperately need to find an old fender and get going on that as well.. hopefully the flea market will produce tomorrow... :roll:

Hey Scrumblero,

Glad to here it's riding well.
The chain guard looks really good on your bike.

Good luck at the flea market.

Tommy S. said:
Looks a bit like the bicycle version of a Gasser, very cool!!

THANK YOU!! :mrgreen: I was beginning to think I missed what I was getting at.... work last night lasted bout 15 min. so I got some sleep and I am hard at work on the headlight mount (between mai tai's ) also I am leaning toward my first tank job, although i'll prolly make it and not run it like half the other junk.... :lol:

crappy old 5 1/4" external encloser and ...

DSC03843.jpg

viola!!

DSC03851.jpg

glad its a rat build cause I don't feel like doin body work :p

Always nice to see someone make something useful out of crap!
It takes great imagination to look at a very old 5.25 floppy drive enclosure and think, "oh yeah, headlight brackets"!!!!
Bravo on your redneck (and geeky) engineering!

Thanks kingFish!! :mrgreen:

got the headlight figured out and took a chance reamed the stems out for the 1" bars, we'll see how I like riding em.. :roll:

now I just need to find a rear fender....

DSC03854.jpg

DSC03856.jpg

Re: INBetweener ...front end work..

I figured you were going to tell us how you planned to turn that folding chair behind your bike into a porteuer rack.

edit: Actually the seat from an old folding chair might make a god front rack. I'll have to stash that idea away.

How did I miss this build :shock: Very cool bike, I like the rake, handlebars look SWEET 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
How did I miss this build :shock:

:lol: with 191 entries I have been sayin that every couple days.. I know I still haven't seen em all.. :roll:

thanks for the kind words!!! I was worried about having to change the necks for em, but I like it now..

Hey Scrumblero,

The bars, headlight, and forks matching looks really good. 8)
It adds a new dimension.

Maybe some simple white accents (pulled from the chain guard) might look nice on the headlight brackets.

Good Luck!

only a week left ! :shock: so I got on it early this morning!!

new grips to start , 1" bars so I had to get em at the chopper shop...

IMG_20110722_103002.jpg

1manta set me up with some sweet fenders!!

IMG_20110722_103023.jpg

the front end still looked pretty heavy , so I figured I'd try and balance it out, with some skirts.

I finally got wise and traded in my Wiss aviation snips for something more palatable to my old arthritic hands..

IMG_20110723_080809.jpg

SKIRTS!! :mrgreen:

IMG_20110723_093641.jpg

old riser bars = new fender supports!!

IMG_20110723_093749.jpg

gotta run my kid to tennis lessons and then I'm back at it in teh sweltering heat!! :p

Re: INBetweener The Crunch!!

Nice sneak peek at those fender supports. I am looking forward to seeing your vision on them.
Cool!

Latest posts

Back