I missed the rrbbo :( but still finished my kick*** bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys so How's it going I've always been into downhill longboarding and I just found out about gravity bikes and made one then I thought why not put a motor on this girl and see the results so here ya go my crazy ambitious motorized bike gravity build. I started off with a 1996 schwinn predator bike I had bought when I was 7, I was soo proud of it I saved 100 my dad forked over the other 100 and I was the happiest kid alive.

this is we're I started

Re: My crazy motorized gravity bike build aka (9 baller)

Fast forward 15 years and my bikes just sitting in the garage doing nothing I felt bad for the girl so I gave it a fresh paint job and reffabed the parts and bought new ones sadly I don't have the pics of it. The one day I was watching longboarding vids and saw a grav bike and a lightbulb went off in my head I thought yea I could make one and sure enought here it is.

First off I took the bike apart completely, I flipped the frame for more rake and custom fanned a new seat post mount and knee supports where the down tube seat used to be. Then I added pegs so I could rest my feet on it. This is how you ride a gravity bike btw.

Welcome to.RRB and BO8. Can't wait to see a motorized grav bile.

6/19/13 just finished adding the motor and fabbing up the frame that will hold it in place. Also thought if I'm gonna go fast then why not add a mountain bike fork which is exactly what I did haha makes the ride sooo much nicer now I just gotta find a way to add a brake for a 26 inch fork that will work on a 20 inch tire haha. I also love the rake it gave my bike. I will post some vids up but on my first ride this baby went 31 on a fresh robins 2 stroke motor. Took me a long time to get everything wired up with the throttle tension had to custom make a throttle return but I love this baby. The mount came out amazing too.

Here's some closer pics to the drive train and mount. When I had bought the motor I didn't know about clutches FAIL I know haha so this has no clutch so you gotta get a running start to get it moving lol but it's great. Also flipped the handlebar so I ride lower and stabler idk if that's a word haha. The ride was also extremely bumpy so I researched and found out its cuz of my rear tire so I bought a eastern burnout and it rides sooo much smoother and throttle response is wayyyyy better haha.

6/21/13

So I've been thinking about color schemes and I decided to use plastidip black as a sample plastidip cuz it's durable but if I don't like it it just peels off soo far I like it but I'm leaning more towards a grey primer to give it a real rat rod look. I'm also thinking about switching the front tire for a 5 spoke wheel and putting some wheel covers over the back what do you guys think. Ebays been my friend this whole build I purchased a new carb for my baby and woowwwwww it hauls haha I also chopped up the stock handlebars and custom made my new babies which I wrapped in some yellow grip tape and I also cleaned up the wiring to make it look a lot smoother had some throttle issues again but i got it fixed lol. Let me know what you think

Also added a new seat that stock hard one was hurting my bros hahaha

6/22/13

As you can see I love bikes and my garage is a stockpile of used bike parts as well as my other babies haha.

Here's my chicks bike as well as by board track racer build hiding in the back haha ill post that one soon enough :p

I just got my moped gas tank off eBay awesome little guy idk if I should sand and repaint it or leave it with the old rusty look and paint my bike grey primer to give it the rat rod look. Here's some pics of the tank as well as what my bike would look like with the tank in place. I also plan on adding a vintage moped headlight on the front fork. I'm really pumped to fix this baby up stay tuned for more to come.

Look at that sexyyyyy shape chow :wink:

Here's some pics of a general 5 star moped tank I completely restored for use on my board track bike yeaaaa haha idk if I should put a fender on my bike what do you guys think let me know

Also plan on putting one of these on my bike imam love this girl

Let me know your thoughts guys 8) 8) 8)

Welcome Cyclonestrem, now that is wild, love what you have done, so how fast do you go?
Sorry have never heard of gravity racing in my part of the world. So is there an organised
competition, do you go through a speed trap a bit like the salt flat racers, tell us more???

Thanks pushie I appreciate it well grav bikes are competitive they even have world comps it's pretty much a straight downhill race. The fastest Ive gone no motor was 37.5 but that was due to the hill length Ive seen guys easily hit 60. With the old engine I topped out at 31 with the new carb I hit 39.5 trying to break 40 lol

Looks like a wild & crazy ride! 8)

how's it handle?

:mrgreen:

It handles great I just hit 42.1 sooo fast haha but it's a blast I'm thinking about changing the color scheme to ratrod. I wanna paint the bike grey primer, black rear rim, red front rim, and put a brown leather seat on what do you guys think

I call her the "Rolling Renegade" would you guys have voted for her honestly? Lol let me know what cha think thanks guys 8) 8) 8) and she goes 42.1 mph yeaaaaaaa!!!

If you included a video of you flying by at 42 MPH that low to the ground, I am certain you would have gotten votes!
Are you sure you don't want to call it "Death Trap"!!?? :shock:
Sorry you missed the deadline, but I really dig how it turned out!

Latest posts

Back