Huge explosion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
An F-16 fighter went down two and a half miles from our house about ten days ago. The pilot was killed. It took them almost three days to find him. A big area around here is blocked off, about eight square miles. We just had a tremendous blast that shook the house and rattled the windows. We live in the middle of no where so I called 911 because I figured it was a gas explosion. It was the bombs being set off by the demolition squad. Be interesting to ride my bike there next spring to see what it looks like. Wow, another one just went off as I’m typing. I’m staying inside.

The original closure order stated that the crash area would be open on January 11. I was planing to go there but now they need further time for remediation so closure is extended until September 30, 2021. This will prevent me from riding my usual gravel route to Lake Michigan. I’ll have to find an alternate way. It must be a mess. They probably have to remove soil that is contaminated with jet fuel as it didn’t burn. There may be more bombs and rockets to find.

Latest posts

Back