Huffy Thunder Road pic! Anyone else have one of these?

Discussion in 'THE OTHER BIKES' started by HBob, Aug 23, 2008.

1. cody-james

cody-james

my guess is a huffy metaloid but i'm not a bmx guy i just remember a neighbor had one
    http://www.museumca.org/helloagain/consumer.htm

2. 08Taco

08Taco

I do not have a pic but I had a Huffy Bandit. It looked like a Trans Am. It was black with gold rims and gold stripes and these funky leveled fenders. Even the tires had big triangle shaped treads Very similar to the bikes pictured. I have to say it wasnt the coolest bike in 77 but I rode it trying to think of ways to make it like a BMX bike.

3. HutchXL24

HutchXL24

Ha!

The one that caught my eye was the lonely chrome cruiser all the way on the back/right w/ v-bars. :mrgreen:

4. joepac

joepac

i have a thunder road all origional and im looking to sell if the price is good
    mine has the number plates, the origional seat, the plastic fenders, the racing stripes,
    origional rims, and the ORIGIONAL forks NOT THE ONES WITH SHOCKS

5. don-vee

don-vee

Here's mine. It's up for sale if anyone's interested.
    [​IMG]

6. willyszamorano

willyszamorano

Hi guys! Happy share with you my 1978 Huffy Thunder Road, recently restored by me. The story is similar to many I read here. Santa Claus brought me this bike at Christmas 1978, when I was 8 years old (now I have 46). Some time ago I received a call from my father, who told me that cleaning your garage (full of Willys Jeep parts), between all that he found my first Huffy bicycle. I ran to look for it and after many many hours of effort the weekends, I just finish it as it was in '78. Now I see happy it as my 9 year old daughter enjoys it every sunday. With pleasure I invite you to comment and share on facebook page I created to describe this process of restoration, and that filled me with beautiful memories. https://www.facebook.com/huffythunder Greetings from Santiago de Chile! Gonzalo.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    RustyGold likes this.