Huffy Big Daddy New pics!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this from K-mart Huffy Big Daddy 26"
rides really nice it is flat black and red
newbike006.jpg

newbike001.jpg

BigApes573.jpg

Re: Rat Rod Huffy Big Daddy

Ace said:
Cool bike, nice black & red combo 8)

I would reverse the front fender though, seems to me it is on backwards ? Or is it just me ?

I tried that and it hit the frame of the bike plus the fender has that little flip up at the end like flared up kinda, I thought I put in on wrong also the flames are backwards but the fender did not fit the other way.
????

Love your outside decoration....very cool gas pump!

ratrodzrcool said:
I tried that and it hit the frame of the bike plus the fender has that little flip up at the end like flared up kinda, I thought I put in on wrong also the flames are backwards but the fender did not fit the other way. ????

Perhaps the frontfenders are pressed wrong way round at the factory ? Any chance you can dent the fender in the right place yourself ? If not I wouldn't worry about it, I think the red fenders and chainguard are looking great and a nice change compared to all that flat black around here :wink:

Nice bike! :) I took the flames off of my fenders and it gives it a cleaner look. They pealed right off did not even leave any residue. I agree too, very nice riding bike, and very balanced. I have more people stopping me to talk about this bike.

I got the apes swapped out. I'm going to order some larger ones, but for now these feel real good! It is so much nicer being able to sit up and ride. My shoulders hurt with the ones that came with it. Once again sorry about the quality of the pics, my camera is not working and all I have at the moment is my phone.

37971_1515852932567_1121769160_2592661_2041226_n.jpg

39822_1515852172548_1121769160_2592660_4257680_n.jpg

39727_1515893493581_1121769160_2592699_2087812_n.jpg

Huffy Big Daddy problems

I am having problems with the paint peeling and the chain guard paint is chipping and rust around the part that holds the handle bars
and I keep it inside my shed and hardly ride it
anybody else have this problem??
I called Huffy and of course it is out of warranty
oh I also had the tread spit on one of the tires
Thanks!

Re: Huffy Big Daddy problems

ratrodzrcool said:
I am having problems with the paint peeling and the chain guard paint is chipping and rust around the part that holds the handle bars
and I keep it inside my shed and hardly ride it
anybody else have this problem??
I called Huffy and of course it is out of warranty
oh I also had the tread spit on one of the tires
Thanks!

Weird, I'm not having any of those problems. I did sand the black and repaint it to get rid of all of the cheesy flames though, but the red painted parts and the tire tread are fine and I ride this thing ALLOT. The only rust I've encountered is on the kick stand, but honestly I like the way it looks. I did put a good coat of McGuires Gold on the red painted parts when I got it though, so maybe that is why the paint is still in good shape?

Look at the bright side though, you get to tear it apart and make it like you want it!

Re: Rat Rod Huffy Big Daddy NEW pics I added APES!!

For the price just consider it a work in progress. That shed may not ventilate well and holds moisture. Condensation will cause rust (rust never sleeps!).

Huffy Big Daddy Ol Skool Rodz Magazine !

If you go to wherever you buy magazines my big daddy is on page 6 of Ol' Skool Rodz magazine the July issue!!!

Re: Huffy Big Daddy NEW pics I added BIG APES!!

i still need to go see that magazine.
heres my big daddy.changed the sprocket to a 36 t ;
lots of hills around here.other changes are noticeable.
100_0018.jpg

Re: Huffy Big Daddy NEW pics I added BIG APES!!

My wife just picked me up that magazine randomly and I knew that bike looked like I had seen it before. Very cool!

Re: Huffy Big Daddy Ol Skool Rodz Magazine !

ratrodzrcool said:
If you go to wherever you buy magazines my big daddy is on page 6 of Ol' Skool Rodz magazine the July issue!!!
cant find that mag around here. will keep looking elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back