Huffy 3 Speed and unrelated tire question...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Central New York State near the Erie Canal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up pretty cheap from CL. Huffy Chesapeake with a Shimano 3CC coaster brake. I know they're not the greatest but at least it is in good working order. Almost bought a similar bike last week, single speed, but had second thoughts. Glad I waited or I'd be kicking myself. (I really like 3 Speeds). I like the slanted top frame tube.
Any idea the age of this bike?
Unrelated tire question - Have a really nice condition pair of WTB Tyrannoraptor 52/54 (26 x 52/54). Very aggressive looking tread. What rim will these fit? I realize the 52/54 is probably millimeters, (in inches = 2.125). Will they fit normal 26" balloon tire rims?

What you are probably looking for (everyone but middleweight Schwinn) is 559 mm bead dia.
difference_in_rim_width_and_outer_tyre_diameter.jpg

Thanks! Both questions answered. Additionally I found on Sheldon Brown's that WTB's (Wilderness Trail Bikes) measurements conform to the Global Measuring System, and should fit either of the two rims I may use.

Latest posts

Back