How many votes this year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. It looks like if you setup a new thread the only choices are either VOTE for only one Build or VOTE for as many Builds as you like. That's the way the Winter and Muscle BO voting was. Maybe Steve and the MODS have some magic that they can do. I personally don't have a problem voting for 1 to X of the bikes you like. It seemed to work fine for the off season build offs.

poll.png

Last edited:
While it's fun to watch the voting tallies roll in, I think it would be better if the results were not shown until the very end.

It's also a little awkward that people can see who actually voted for their bike. What if I don't vote for my best buddy's bike, then he knows that! I'd rather the voting be anonymous. That way I can get away with almost anything.:D

It's also a little awkward that people can see who actually voted for their bike. What if I don't vote for my best buddy's bike, then he knows that! I'd rather the voting be anonymous. That way I can get away with almost anything.:D

I didn't realize that it allowed you to see the voters until you mentioned it. That is strange to have public voting like that. Voting should be private if possible. I really don't know what control Steve/MODS can have over any of this. It's likely they are locked into whatever features the forum softwares provides, unless there are some custom voting add-ons out there.

As to the amount of votes, unless Steve has found a way around it, it will be one or as many as you like.

The being able to see who has voted for your bike is switchable on or off from memory...
I only left it on to be able to see if any "newly joined members, just here to vote" were voting, a good way to make sure no one is vote hunting...

Luke.

I'd rather not know who the votes are from if I get any. I've had people tell me they did give me a vote in the past, I'd rather just read a positive comment on the build. I agree with Pick.

I only left it on to be able to see if any "newly joined members, just here to vote" were voting, a good way to make sure no one is vote hunting...

Luke.

The ppl who keep logging on to post lengthy ads in broken English, trying to promote dietary supplements and workout regimens? I'm pretty much counting on getting their votes. As I see it, that's my core demographic. If that doesn't do the trick, I figure I can register about 80 or 90 fake members; I predict an 11th-hour landslide victory, when Bicycle809 through Bicycle912 register and vote just in time to secure victory

I still think the voting system should be changed back to one

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

who is this Steve person that everyone keeps referring to?:21: he seems to be keeping a real low profile this year. lets hope he is working on the voting glitch.
Maybe he is helping little Timmy finish a bike? Nah, that can't be it...

Seriously, I like the 3 vote system, even though if everybody had the same 3rd favorite bike it could come out on top if the 1 and 2 bikes were different...

Rg

Agree with a weighed top 3 for each voter, even just a top 3 tallied would be fine.

Just a single vote for best would be the worst possible outcome IMO, 2nd only to voting for as many as you want.

No one will know who I voted for. Personally I don't care to know who voted for me. Any vote I get is appreciated. Peace

Latest posts

Back