Hot Rod build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good morning to all RRB guys not wantin to waste money I'm trying a new build and I need a lil help in the measurement department I'm using a prewar Columbia frame I have 3inches between the frame supports for rear wheel in the kickstand area and I want to use a 26x57mm or a 26x 2.5 rim and tire combo that will fit without aggravation. Full fenders I will be using also can I get some of you guys to give me input and advise on the width of what you have been doing please and thanks. Dante

Really can't believe with all these "custom builds" no one can use a ruler and give a guy a measurement un-believable. Well I guess I will figure it then.

Really can't believe with all these "custom builds" no one can use a ruler and give a guy a measurement un-believable. Well I guess I will figure it then.

Maybe try changing your thread title to describe what you want to know...

Luke.

Those Columbia's are pretty wide, I would guess it would work. If you have 3" on the frame, those 2.5 inch tires should clear fine.

Clint, you are right. A 2.35 tire should be okay. Anything larger(if you can find it) would need to be trial and error, depending on actual tire width and position in dropout

OMG I see a lil common sense thanks for all the positive people in the latter threads consensus has it that I will stay under 2.35 width tire. Thread is closed.

Latest posts

Back