Horsefarmer's fresh finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitto made a couple of models of bullmoose cruiser bars, but I haven't seen one with as much rise as yours. I'd assume yours are knockoffs if all the other stuff is cheapo.
Nitto Bosco:
6a1e2c423de533bef87fb544d0e11d3c.jpg

Yes I like those bars, don't know how much I will like the bike in total, but the fork and the bars are nice.
IMG_1680.JPG
Another oddity is the double chain ring has the smaller sprocket to the outside and the chainguard is normal diameter so your clothes will be fully protected from the chain.

90's GT Arette hybrid bike.
GT Arette 1.jpg

Don't know much about it other than my brother bought the frame from a local bike shop and built it up.
IMG_1647.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1695.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG

First is a 1958 Schwinn racer girls 26" lightweight in florida green. View attachment 106386 This was a $30 swap meet find. Disassembled and complete except for the bars and grips. View attachment 106387 View attachment 106388 View attachment 106389 Cool shark fin front fender.View attachment 106390View attachment 106391 And Sachs made Schwinn approved coaster brake hub.View attachment 106392 View attachment 106393 Previous owner tried to fit EA-3 (Iso 590 mm) tires on Schwinn 26 x 1 3/8 S-6 (Iso 597 mm) wheels. They got one on too, and it sure don't want to come off now!
Hard as the devil to get on. Did this in the 1970s and when the tire got flat it went to the thrift store.

94786539_10163393982900301_647687751205912576_o.jpg

Picked this up yesterday. Careful first FB marketplace purchase under covid. Wore gloves and mask, did the purchase outside. Was about 40 mi away so on return trip hit food store in neighboring town and got groceries and luxury item for the wife - Diet Cherry Pepsi! Fueled up car, $1.86.9 for no alcohol premium is awesome. Topped off with fried cheese curds from Culver's drive thru for lunch. Great way to spend a rainy day.

This popped up on facebook marketplace. Almost 4 hrs driving to get it, (have not driven that far for months).
Kustom Kruiser cruiser deluxe.jpg

Back story is the owner WON it 18 years ago in a radio station contest. They rode it a couple of times and hung it up in the rafters of the garage.
pick up 1.JPG

IMG_2567 rot.jpg

Put the wheel back on and aired up the tires. Rides great. First Dyno.

I know, I am thankful. I keep walking around looking at it from different angles - it's that cool. It take a lot to get me out of the house these days., but this did it!
Made an adventurous excursion into the northwoods. Also stopped at a rural True Value and score build off paint and sandpaper and picked up needed chain saw bar oil.

Here is part of a 2007 page on RRb about Dyno cruisers written by "Jeff",
"Sean Flickinger (one of the other GT Industrial Designers) designed the standard Dyno cruiser frame. I was responsible for the geometry of that bike, and at the time we wanted a standard cruiser that would simply blow away the old Schwinn cruises that were so popular at that time. We kept kicking the geometry back and slacking out the frame until it had –what we called at the time “6 pack geometry” This meant you could be half lit and still ride it to the liquor store and them back with one hand on the bar and a six pack of beer in the other."

It works too, I rode it to the Post Office and rode it home one handed, holding a box of tubes in the other. :)

Latest posts

Back