Horse Rescue Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hay now this a cool build for the cause.
I like the pitch on that fork and looks like it should turn out to be pretty stable.;)
tumblr_m6s6ezJEM21qae5sjo1_1280.png

I definitely like the shorter forks better. It will make it more ride-able. I assume the wooden forks will be strong enough.

This is an awesome bike!
Oly

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk

Well, i got the headtube welded up. I went with a Paragon 44mm x 170mm headtube. They wern't my best welds (it's not easy to weld double horseshoes to thin tubing) but it will hold.
I also sanded & put a coat of stain on the wood fork tubes. I think i might mask off flames or another design, then add a few more coats ;)
I'll add pics tonight.

Well... it looks like there's not going to be a horse rescue anymore (long story...). I am going to finish the bike though. I should have it done by the 2015 shiny side up show. So stay tuned ;)
I might display it this year as a "work in progress" idk...

Sorry it's been so long since an update. Life has been hectic lately especially since i have a kid on the way now :)
So, the horse rescue is still up & running. Also the chopper is coming along slowly. I have the drive train up & running now. The suicide shifter is coming along. Still need to get materials & a headset so i can mount the fork. I'll post pics tonight hopefully. Stay tuned... ;)

I don't have a tap & die set so i welded in a nut. I capped off the end of the pipe with a washer. A little grinding & wala! :) Now i just need to figure out what i'm going to do for the lever.

Latest posts

Back