Well, i got the headtube welded up. I went with a Paragon 44mm x 170mm headtube. They wern't my best welds (it's not easy to weld double horseshoes to thin tubing) but it will hold.
I also sanded & put a coat of stain on the wood fork tubes. I think i might mask off flames or another design, then add a few more coats
I'll add pics tonight.
Well... it looks like there's not going to be a horse rescue anymore (long story...). I am going to finish the bike though. I should have it done by the 2015 shiny side up show. So stay tuned
I might display it this year as a "work in progress" idk...
Sorry it's been so long since an update. Life has been hectic lately especially since i have a kid on the way now
So, the horse rescue is still up & running. Also the chopper is coming along slowly. I have the drive train up & running now. The suicide shifter is coming along. Still need to get materials & a headset so i can mount the fork. I'll post pics tonight hopefully. Stay tuned...