Hornet Deluxe yard find....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Find indeed , please tell more on how you found it ?

~Rafael~

Hi A.S. Bolt....it's very funny actually, about 200 ft from my front door, I had to walk to a store about a mile away that I would always drive to, but because of the Mem Day parade on Monday, I walked and took in the sights of my road in much more detail. I look into a yard about 4 houses down and there it is leaning against a fence. Obviously taken already from it's long term resting place. As luck would have it, a young man was on his porch of the house and $40 later, I rolled it into my garage. This whole process took about 3 minutes.......I guess you just never know....

Original paint looks great! Might have some vintage batteries in the tank. Or a roll of 50's someone stashed in there!

image.jpg
Congratulations on that great find! I have an original paint 59 deluxe hornet, clean it up and ride it.:thumbsup:

Original paint looks great! Might have some vintage batteries in the tank. Or a roll of 50's someone stashed in there!

Thanks Wildcat.....yes on the batteries, 2 ugly 20 cent ray-o-vacs, no on the fifties.....lol ...the front tang of the horn has completely corroded unfortunately.

That is true, I may try to rebuild the orig first though.....if I may pose a question or two, according to the info gathered, the original rims were S7's I believe, how would I verify what mine are? Also, what size tires was this equipped with from Schwinn....they have 1 3/4's now....and the seat is a Mesinger, was this a Schwinn accessory then?
Thank you in advance for any info..
Mike

WOW.....Same as the one I did for the winter build off and I thought I had gotten a good price from the original owner..$250....you got an incredible deal for the $40.....People pay at least 100 just for the springer forks........I cleaned mine with some polishing compound and finished with a good car wax....be careful with the decals...they can lose color if you clean them too much...good luck

Latest posts

Back