Home made bottom bracket?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I have seen it before but can not find it, but what size tube and what length do you cut to make a bottom bracket?

There is always the thrill of making everything yourself then there is re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. Just cut one off an old frame.

Thank you for the replies. I would use one off of an old frame but the way I'm building the frame it would be harder to cover the holes left behind from the cut.

Just make sure when this bike is done it isnt longer than your car:)

To late Gary. I have to make a trailer jut to get it anywhere. Trike that is about 9 1/2 long is going to be a problem.

They're only $10 from a bike frame supplier. I buy from NOVA Cycles. Clean, the right size, and the right materials.

I went and bought the nova bb form this site. but Im having a hard time finding a set a bearings and cups to fit it. I have tried old Schwinns to bmx. What do you use for this set up?

I went and bought the nova bb form this site. but Im having a hard time finding a set a bearings and cups to fit it. I have tried old Schwinns to bmx. What do you use for this set up?

Schwinn bearing cups can sometimes be a hair smaller. Any other brand usually works fine for me, including new ones.

Latest posts

Back