Hola from Arizona....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Been reading this board for a few weeks as I've been wanting to buy a vintage beach cruiser and build it a little BMX-ish/single speed Mt. bike for cruising around my neighborhood and light trails/canal banks. I mostly ride my Soma Juice 29er and I also have a single speed steel Lotus that I think was built in the 70s. Since I have don't have a lot of time due to my wife being in her last semester of nursing school and picking up all of the duties she used to do with our young daughters I don't get out on my Mt. bike lately. That's why I want to get something to troll around my neighborhood on.

I've been in love with bikes since my parents got me an old DG when I was in the 1st or 2nd grade. The fact that it was stolen and then later replaced with some of the parts, including the frame being recovered only made me love the thing that much more (guy who stole it now owns one of the fringe professional sports teams here in town).

Anyway, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site who have some really cool bikes and I value your insights. May I ask what would make the bike at the following link worth this kind of money? I'm not trying to mock the guy who owns the bike at all, I simply don't understand why this bike is priced the way it is when I've seen similar bikes on the Internet for much, much less. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/bik/4010661783.html

Finally, since my wife will freak out right now if I spend any more money on toys, I have a Vassago Bandersnatch medium frame I would be willing to trade to get a cruiser. It has less than 75 miles on it.

TIA

Latest posts

Back